Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Internal vibrating feeling  (Read 4002 times)

Katherine

Internal vibrating feeling
« on: June 15, 2023, 12:16:38 PM »

Hi ladies,

I increased my oestrogel dosage from 2 to 3 pumps about 1.5 weeks ago and was intending to be on 3 pumps in the week before and during my period to give me more energy and lift my mood during that time but last night whilst falling asleep I had a sensation that my body was vibrating.

I’ve seen a few posts about it on here and other ladies have associated it with lower oestrogen and anxiety yet I have increased my oestrogen and am feeling less anxious if anything. I have seen a post suggesting it is due to high blood pressure which concerns me. Does anyone know if increasing your oestrogel can cause an increase in blood pressure. I don’t remember feeling that the vibrating was distressing but it does worry me that it could be an indication of something serious.

Flossieteacake

Re: Internal vibrating feeling
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 12:20:45 PM »

I am sorry you are feeling anxious. I would not think this means something serious as it seems to be common for many of us. I know I get this too. I have a blood pressure monitor and have not noticed it happens when my blood pressure is high. Perhaps it is one of those annoying meno things that are hard to explain. If it helps to reassure you then you could always have your blood pressure tested.

marge

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 12:29:40 PM »

I’m not, and never have been, on any HRT, but the internal vibrating was by far my worst meno symptom. I think it’s all to do with dwindling oestrogen. There are lots of posts on this forum about it. Have a read. Personally, I don’t think it’s connected to blood pressure, but we’re all different and react to things in different ways.

Katherine

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 12:42:30 PM »

Flossie that is reassuring, thank you. I have a blood pressure monitor but once it didn’t deflate by itself and hurt my arm - could you recommend a good one as it would be reassuring to check?

Katherine

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 12:45:47 PM »

Hi Marge, that’s  interesting as I assumed it was due to an increase in oestrogel as I haven’t changed anything else lately. But I guess being in peri my hormones are fluctuating in the background. I forgot to mention I took ibuprofen and codeine last night as well for my period pain so I don’t know if that would have been a factor when combined with 3 pumps of gel.

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 01:13:12 PM »

I feel like I’m an unwitting expert on this symptom as I’ve been battling it for a year. I’ll give you a summary…(!)

It can be due to too low or too high estrogen - or estrogen fluctuations. Don’t ask me why estrogen fluctuations cause this if our own bodies are constantly fluctuating pre-menopausally through our cycles but anyway….

My symptoms are getting a lot better just recently since switching from patches to gel.

My Newson dr says that in peri we often need quite high amounts of estrogen (100 or 4 pumps or even higher) to override our own fluctuations. That way what our ovaries make is a drop in the ocean.

I don’t know if that’s true because everyone seems to be different with this.

But all I can say is that this symptom is hell. For an entire year I haven’t slept normally because I shake internally all night with my heart beating hard and faster than usual. The lack of sleep is life destroying. I am hopeful I’m on the right path…

But if you are just feeling “slightly low energy” and increased estrogen due to that - maybe reconsider. I mean, this isn’t a symptom you want to mess with  ;D Some low energy might be preferable!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 01:40:25 PM »

Flossie that is reassuring, thank you. I have a blood pressure monitor but once it didn’t deflate by itself and hurt my arm - could you recommend a good one as it would be reassuring to check?

Mine is an inexpensive one from Amazon by Sinocare. I have had it for a few years now and it works okay for me. :)

JoannFran

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 01:57:10 PM »

Hi

I get this too!  It's awful.  Makes me feel so anxious!  I also don't think it's to do with blood pressure, or at least it isn't for me.

A good monitor is an Omron one (amazon).  This is what the cardiologist recommended to me and said don't use a wrist one as they aren't as reliable, use a cuff one.

I'm on 80mg slow release propranolol for palpitations and it's seems to have helped a bit with this too.  Also a bit better with HRT when things are balanced.

You're not alone!! xx

DottyD68

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 02:15:31 PM »

Hi Katherine,

I think I've had most of the many menopause symptoms in the last 8-9 years but the internal vibrations didnt start until last Christmas. Very disconcerting especially waking in the middle of the night with it. To me it feels like internal tinnitus. It occurred at the same time when my anxiety, jitters and palpatations were through the roof. It was a time of high stress anyway and I think my own hormones were fluctutating yet again at the same time. I dropped the oestrogel pumps down to 3 and then 2 over a few months and it settled.

I've recently had another reoccurance of it but not quite so bad along with huge, sore, tender breasts. I've dropped the gel down again to one and a half pumps and it seems to have eased. I'm still waiting for my breasts to reduce too but they definitely dont feel quite so tender. Im 55 next month so im hoping im getting to the back end of peri-menopause and my hormones are having their last hoorah!

I can but hope.

Anyway I totally sympathise. The vibrations have been one of the worst, most frightening symptoms for me and I'm so glad I had this forum to refer to in my scariest moments.

Sending you best wishes X

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »

Hello Katherine

Another sufferer here. I have had this symptom often and it was so bad at three years post meno that I started HRT. I still have episodes of this but it comes and goes at random these days.

Fortunately my trusty Meno book described this feeling so I knew what it was. Apparently although the sensation is perceived in the body it is actually the brain responding to changing Oestrogen levels.

A while ago I mentioned this to someone who recognised the feeling but said that after six months hers resolved so perhaps it does burn itself out at some stage.

Be assured that it is definitely hormonal and as JoannFran has said, you are not alone.

Take care.
K.

Katherine

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 10:01:59 PM »

I feel like I’m an unwitting expert on this symptom as I’ve been battling it for a year. I’ll give you a summary…(!)

It can be due to too low or too high estrogen - or estrogen fluctuations. Don’t ask me why estrogen fluctuations cause this if our own bodies are constantly fluctuating pre-menopausally through our cycles but anyway….

My symptoms are getting a lot better just recently since switching from patches to gel.

My Newson dr says that in peri we often need quite high amounts of estrogen (100 or 4 pumps or even higher) to override our own fluctuations. That way what our ovaries make is a drop in the ocean.

I don’t know if that’s true because everyone seems to be different with this.

But all I can say is that this symptom is hell. For an entire year I haven’t slept normally because I shake internally all night with my heart beating hard and faster than usual. The lack of sleep is life destroying. I am hopeful I’m on the right path…

But if you are just feeling “slightly low energy” and increased estrogen due to that - maybe reconsider. I mean, this isn’t a symptom you want to mess with  ;D Some low energy might be preferable!!

Hi Joziel,

Thanks for your reply, and I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with this symptom. Can I ask how you know it is a symptom of fluctuating oestrogen?

I increased to 3 pumps because I’ve been on 2 for over a year and I have still been having roughly 14 days a month where I struggle and I have been having to organise my life around my cycle, so anything that involves travel, any appointments or things that require a moderate amount of mental or physical energy I schedule for my good 2 weeks. It’s not just slightly low energy it’s more like dragging myself around and struggling and not being able to feel good at all. Since upping to 3 pumps I feel a lot better in the difficult part of my cycle, significantly more mental and physical energy although still a challenge even on a good nights sleep. I’ve only had the vibrating once so I’m hoping it won’t become a thing but if it does I might have to re think things..

Katherine

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 10:03:18 PM »

Mine is an inexpensive one from Amazon by Sinocare. I have had it for a few years now and it works okay for me. :)

Thanks for the recommendation Flossie  :) x

Katherine

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2023, 10:09:08 PM »

Hi

I get this too!  It's awful.  Makes me feel so anxious!  I also don't think it's to do with blood pressure, or at least it isn't for me.

A good monitor is an Omron one (amazon).  This is what the cardiologist recommended to me and said don't use a wrist one as they aren't as reliable, use a cuff one.

I'm on 80mg slow release propranolol for palpitations and it's seems to have helped a bit with this too.  Also a bit better with HRT when things are balanced.

You're not alone!! xx

Hi JoannFran,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you have this symptom. It is reassuring that it’s maybe nothing to do with blood pressure. Thanks for the recommendation. I’m glad you’ve found things that help. It is reassuring to know other people sometimes have it and are still here to tell the tale!

It is such a weird feeling and i think I didn’t find it distressing because I was almost asleep but im a bit scared of it happening when im fully awake! It’s only happened once so far.

I’ve had a couple of episodes of being very dizzy recently as well, one night I got up to go to the toilet in the night and it was like I’d been spinning around and trying to stand up straight, I had to hold on to things to walk. Maybe I should see my gp in case it’s something significant..

Katherine

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2023, 10:14:37 PM »

Hi Katherine,

I think I've had most of the many menopause symptoms in the last 8-9 years but the internal vibrations didnt start until last Christmas. Very disconcerting especially waking in the middle of the night with it. To me it feels like internal tinnitus. It occurred at the same time when my anxiety, jitters and palpatations were through the roof. It was a time of high stress anyway and I think my own hormones were fluctutating yet again at the same time. I dropped the oestrogel pumps down to 3 and then 2 over a few months and it settled.

I've recently had another reoccurance of it but not quite so bad along with huge, sore, tender breasts. I've dropped the gel down again to one and a half pumps and it seems to have eased. I'm still waiting for my breasts to reduce too but they definitely dont feel quite so tender. Im 55 next month so im hoping im getting to the back end of peri-menopause and my hormones are having their last hoorah!

I can but hope.

Anyway I totally sympathise. The vibrations have been one of the worst, most frightening symptoms for me and I'm so glad I had this forum to refer to in my scariest moments.

Sending you best wishes X

Hi Dotty,

Thanks so much for your reply and sorry to hear you’ve had this symptom too. It does sound like it’s related to too high oestrogen in your case. I’ll keep that in mind, if it happens again I think I will see what my gp says. I hope your hormones settle down soon, you’re right maybe they’re having one last hurrah! Sending you best wishes too. Xxx

Katherine

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2023, 10:18:10 PM »

Hello Katherine

Another sufferer here. I have had this symptom often and it was so bad at three years post meno that I started HRT. I still have episodes of this but it comes and goes at random these days.

Fortunately my trusty Meno book described this feeling so I knew what it was. Apparently although the sensation is perceived in the body it is actually the brain responding to changing Oestrogen levels.

A while ago I mentioned this to someone who recognised the feeling but said that after six months hers resolved so perhaps it does burn itself out at some stage.

Be assured that it is definitely hormonal and as JoannFran has said, you are not alone.

Take care.
K.

Thanks Kathleen for your kind words. All of the replies I’ve received have helped me feel better, thank goodness for this forum and all you ladies are just so kind. I am just telling myself at the moment that it may not happen again but if it does at least I’ll know what is causing it. Xxx
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 10:28:11 PM by Katherine »
Pages: [1] 2 3