Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just not feeling like ‘me’  (Read 2630 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just not feeling like ‘me’
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2023, 08:53:10 AM »

Not many of us require supplements other than VitD.  A good diet with a few treats should suffice  ;)

Tnx for the birthday wishes ............. it's a while yet.

If you want to read more about your regime you can put the product name into the search box to see any threads that pop up.

Let us know how you get on.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2023, 11:46:16 AM »

Hi TPB01,

I'm just rereading your first post and I really think that Flossieteacake is right: you were doing fine on 75! Sounds like you'll be grand once you get back up to that level!

My former GP and my gyne both say they'll be on HRT for life so why not you, me, all of us?!

All the best xxx

TPB01

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2023, 02:49:59 PM »

Yes, I agree. I’ve only been on the 50 since early May so I’ll see how I go and look to up it to 75 early August if needed.

I spoke to my GP today as I woke up feeling more positive and I really do put it down to this forum and the support and advice given, so thank you! I don’t feel so alone and know I’m not the only one going through this.

I’m returning to work tomorrow on a phased return and reduced hours and I’m happy about this.

I’m sticking with the beta blockers as they have helped me so much. It’s taken 2 weeks for them to ‘kick in’ so anybody out there, be patient and they will work for you.

I do see a light at the end now….finally and with you all around me, I know I’ll get there.

Oh, I went swimming today and loved it!! The feel of the water was amazing. Very relaxing x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2023, 02:52:57 PM »

Tnx 4 the update.  Little steps!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »

Yes, I agree. I’ve only been on the 50 since early May so I’ll see how I go and look to up it to 75 early August if needed.

I spoke to my GP today as I woke up feeling more positive and I really do put it down to this forum and the support and advice given, so thank you! I don’t feel so alone and know I’m not the only one going through this.

I’m returning to work tomorrow on a phased return and reduced hours and I’m happy about this.

I’m sticking with the beta blockers as they have helped me so much. It’s taken 2 weeks for them to ‘kick in’ so anybody out there, be patient and they will work for you.

I do see a light at the end now….finally and with you all around me, I know I’ll get there.

Oh, I went swimming today and loved it!! The feel of the water was amazing. Very relaxing x

I am thrilled to read your update!  :) It is wonderful to hear things are better for you and you feel able to return to work. :)

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023, 02:57:49 PM »

Yay! That's all great to hear!

xxx

SarahT

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2023, 06:27:46 PM »

Me too! So good to hear you are having such a better day. Honestly some days I could not get by without the help, advice and support I receive on this forum. Just lost whenever you need no matter why. Always someone here even if they just simply say hello, we understand.

Reduced hours and a phase back in sounds ideal.  Very good news.  X

TPB01

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2023, 06:56:20 PM »

Evening everyone,
I’m still figuring out the forum and working my way around it on the subjects.

Just wanted to message as it was my first day back working today. As mentioned, phased return and reduced hours. Was a little nervous beforehand and went for a long walk in the morning first. I mainly work from home which at the moment is good.
My employers are great and couldn’t ask for anything more so why do I feel nervous this evening?!?! Thinking about tomorrow….. 
I even went to the gym when I finished so a good day but it just comes on with no warning.
I’ve learnt last few days to just accept the anxiety and once you do, it’s easier to manage if that makes sense. So why the yucky feeling in my chest?
Anyway, a calming tea should help and some deep breaths…..

Flossieteacake

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »

Evening everyone,
I’m still figuring out the forum and working my way around it on the subjects.

Just wanted to message as it was my first day back working today. As mentioned, phased return and reduced hours. Was a little nervous beforehand and went for a long walk in the morning first. I mainly work from home which at the moment is good.
My employers are great and couldn’t ask for anything more so why do I feel nervous this evening?!?! Thinking about tomorrow….. 
I even went to the gym when I finished so a good day but it just comes on with no warning.
I’ve learnt last few days to just accept the anxiety and once you do, it’s easier to manage if that makes sense. So why the yucky feeling in my chest?
Anyway, a calming tea should help and some deep breaths…..

Well done for getting through your first day back! That is such an achievement.

Anxiety can be so annoying like that. It will just suddenly come out of the blue. Although your brain can know there is nothing to worry about, your body can take time to catch up. I hope the deep breathing exercises help.

I hope you can feel proud of all you have achieved today. I do not think this would have been something you would have even contemplated a few weeks back. :)

TPB01

• First Flush
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2023, 07:11:54 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake,
You’re so right…I couldn’t of done this last week even!! So I have to remember that.

Hearing from friends on here helps so much x

I’m glad I logged on!!

The tea will help and I might even go walk the dog around the block
Thanks again xx

SarahT

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »

Thanks for your update. You did so well today.  A careful start to getting back to work and wonderful your employers are listening to you.

I am obviously the world's worse at not taking my own advice, but you really have had a good day, work, the gym, a calming restorative walk. You are aware of the good things you can do to help yourself. Anxiety doesn't always seem to follow a pattern, no matter how careful we try to be with ourselves, it's sometimes quite irrational, a sneaky bugger if you like.

Why not write yourself a bit of a diary? Nothing too deep or dramatic but just a note as to how your days go... Yes, the anxiety hit you for no good reason, but also note your  positives,  of how you were able to cope with your day. You were working strongly to help yourself.  It may help you see the good - it's very natural to see the bad bits, and not remembering your own positive strengths.
X

TPB01

• First Flush
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2023, 05:51:51 PM »

Thank you SarahT
It’s so hard isn’t it?!?! Anxiety certainly is sneaky. I’ve been so positive this week ready to take it all on and wham, it comes from nowhere trying to knock you down.
I’m exhausted today. Long walk before work, gym and another walk trying to keep myself focused and anxiety free. Constantly fighting it.

A diary sounds a good idea. I’ll look into that.
I like to log on and read how you’re all doing too.

I’m trying hard and another GP visit in 2 weeks so hope I have an improvement by then
x

SarahT

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2023, 06:03:59 PM »

We're right with you. Some days yes it really does feel like a long hard slog.
But I know I have come further along and ( most ) days feel optimistic, but when it comes out of the blue it really can knock us back.

Keep your diet as healthy as you can and enjoy your exercise too as you obviously benefit from this. Just don't forget to be kind to yourself and acknowledge that it's kind of ok to feel a bit sorry for yourself ,it is Crap after all! But you are doing good things and getting back with the g.p too for a review. I have one next week too,and try to make a few notes before an appt as I sometimes get a bit flustered and it helps keep me on track!

Take care x
Pages: 1 [2]