Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sea buckthorn oil - is it useful and what brand  (Read 1496 times)

Lily102

Sea buckthorn oil - is it useful and what brand
« on: May 26, 2023, 11:32:03 AM »

I'm curious if any of you have tried sea buckthorn oil and for what reason? Also what brand have you tried?

On the back of my question about LASIK one person recommended it for dry eyes. Separately a friend who's had LASIK was advised by her surgeon to take flaxseed oil a few months before surgery.

I did some research and it seems Sea buckthorn oil may be better than flaxseed oil. I also researched omega-3 which is good for lots of stuff. There are lots of conflicting views on whether or not to take Omega-3 supplements. You probably don't need to take them if you eat the correct quantity of fish (salmon, anchovies or sardines) on a weekly basis. Eating more fish is easier for me than sticking with vitamins/supplements and figuring out which brand to buy so I'll do that for omega-3.

A few months ago I read magnesium was good for menopause so I rushed off to Boots, bought what looked like a great brand only to discover it was magnesium for constipation! Magnesium oxide rather than magnesium glycinate was the main component. You really have to do your research or see a nutritionist.
Thanks