Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sea buckthorn oil  (Read 7008 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sea buckthorn oil
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2023, 11:40:18 AM »

So how, when women are denied HRT due to breast cancer treatment, is it OK to use other phytoestrogens OTC?

Joaniepat - I remember the fruits being bright orange ........ my 1st encounter with the shrub on the North Norfolk coast.

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2023, 06:41:57 PM »

I haven’t noticed the sea buckthorn making any difference with my use of ovestin and vagifem.  I have noticed a huge difference with my dry eyes with the added benefit of helping with the vaginal dryness.  I’ve used the sea buckthorn for a couple of years now with no problems.  Having said that, like Dierdre I have had a horrible flare up recently which seemed to start after starting to use Benecol.  Whether that was coincidence it’s hard to know, but I’ve stopped using the Benecol for now.  Whether the Benecol and sea buckthorn together were too much I don’t know, but I would be reluctant to give up the sea buckthorn because of the benefit to my dry eyes.
Might give it a try in the future, don't want to do anything to start another flare up, my eyes have been really dry recently as well but that could be the pollen.

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2023, 06:44:37 PM »

So how, when women are denied HRT due to breast cancer treatment, is it OK to use other phytoestrogens OTC?

Joaniepat - I remember the fruits being bright orange ........ my 1st encounter with the shrub on the North Norfolk coast.
I think they still have to avoid them, like soy products etc.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2023, 08:22:01 AM »

Tnx Deirdre - how would 1 know, life's too short to check product information on tubes etc..  ::). No one mentioned food avoidance when I had breast treatment in the 1990s. 

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2023, 08:41:46 AM »

Don't think they do now but nobody really knows what cause anything.  Some people drink too much alcohol and have healthy livers, some smoke 20 a day but never get lung cancer etc. It's a lottery.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2023, 08:47:13 AM »

As well as genetics ?

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2023, 09:47:13 AM »

Yes, definately plays a big part.
Pages: 1 [2]