Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone had this?  (Read 2438 times)

Penguin

Re: Has anyone had this?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2023, 09:56:35 AM »

What I mean is delay the whole medical for a bit.
Or find ways where you don't have to engage with the results until you feel better. For a pre op assessment I was weighed with my eyes closed as I was so scared of seeing my weight.

KaraShannon

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2023, 11:39:40 AM »

Penguin, a really good idea.  I think the pandemic has messed things up because I was getting that message through to the surgery with the new doctors (after my lovely doctor retired), but then lockdown hit and the surgery is overloaded now too.

When I went for heart checks I told them I didn't want to know unless they had to tell me something.  The woman was lovely, she took a risk at the end to tell me my results are normal (I said don't tell me either way because if they say nothing I'll know it's bad), but her instinct was right.  I'd have left there worrying, but instead I left so relieved.

I think some tests they have to tell you stuff straight away or you see it in their face.  I had this with a test.  It later turned out to be nothing, but I'd probably be better if robots tested me, that were programmed not to say anything and of course they wouldn't show emotions  ;D

Seriously I will think through how I can do this again though, as it's the way forward.

Penguin

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 07:41:42 AM »

I'm like that with every single screening test. Smear tests are a nightmare, I wait with dread for the results from a routine screening that I don't even have any symptoms for 🙈

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2023, 07:43:41 AM »

Sorry, probably not helping, except to say you are not alone and there a lot of us like this. Once I realised that, and also through CBT learnt that the level of my anxiety about a certain health thing was not an accurate indicator of the actual risk / likelihood I actually had something wrong with me, I felt better.

KaraShannon

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2023, 02:46:09 PM »

No, you did help Penguin.  You are also right about our anxiety not necessarily being accurate.   :)
Pages: 1 [2]