Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Water infection  (Read 15769 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Water infection
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2023, 11:02:23 AM »

Bladder feeling alot better today. I changed tactics yesterday and applied Ovestin internally, as far up as possible and spread all around the bladder and urethra. Did this afternoon and again at night. Used one vaigfem also last night high as possible. Been having pelvic cramps after inserting 2 vagifem so maybe a bit too much, I had this years ago when I first used it on the loading dose but not since. Maybe just needed a change of estrogen to target differnt receptors or the vagifem had finally kicked in. Still feeling a bit crampy but better than it has been.

It is so good to hear you are feeling an improvement. :)

Dierdre

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2023, 01:24:26 PM »

Still struggling with this flare up!
Been trying to think what I've done in the last few weeks differently to have caused this and the only thing I can think of is Benecol. Ive been drinking the little milk yoghurt plant sterols every day to lower my cholesterol so googled any side effects. None known but I found a paper about plant sterols attatching to estrogen receptors and blocking estrogen in breast cancer cells. Could this be why, because my meds are being block by plant sterols  attaching on receptors a and b stopping the estrogen absorbing.
I read something similar years ago regarding soy products attaching to receptors and reducing HRT medication as it could not get onto the receptors as well.
All very technical but it would make sense the way I feel now as if I've not taken any medication for weeks and I feel how I did years ago when I was struggling on 2 vagifem per week.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:46:14 PM by Dierdre »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2023, 02:06:06 PM »

Still struggling with this flare up!
Been trying to think what I've done in the last few weeks differently to have caused this and the only thing I can think of is Benecol. Ive been drinking the little milk yoghurt plant sterols every day to lower my cholesterol so googled any side effects. None known but I found a paper about plant sterols attatching to estrogen receptors and blocking estrogen in breast cancer cells. Could this be why, because my meds are being block by plant sterols  attaching on receptors a and b stopping the estrogen absorbing.
I read something similar years ago regarding soy products attaching to receptors and reducing HRT medication as it could not get onto the receptors as well.
All very technical but it would make sense the way I feel now as if I've not taken any medication for weeks and I feel how I did years ago when I was strughling on 2 vagifem per week.

Perhaps you can find out by not drinking any benecol and seeing how you feel? I am sorry you are having such a horrid flare.

Haydo

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2023, 02:57:31 PM »

Hello Deirdre

That is interesting what you say about Benecol.  I too am having a flare up and have been drinking a Benecol yoghurt daily for the last 6 weeks or so to help with my cholesterol.    I think I’ll stop drinking them once I have run out (just got 2 left) and see what happens.  I was thinking of taking a capsule of plant sterols instead of the Benecol, as they are so expensive, but maybe I’ll delay that for now and see what happens.  What a choice - a flare up or high cholesterol!  I also suffer with prolapse and lichen sclerosus as well as the VA and at present am not sure what is going on.  I have upped my vagifem, ovestin and dermovate but it hasn’t really helped. 

Kathleen

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2023, 05:40:12 PM »

Hello ladies.

I haven't had a UTI and I don't use anything for VA but the comment about plant sterols and soy products rang a bell.

From what I can remember plants do contain phytoestrogens but they do not present a problem for anyone taking HRT. It is also okay to take soy food even with Oestrogen receptive breast cancer. I also read something about soy being protective against breast cancer.

I can't recall the details and of course I may have misunderstood the above but I thought it was worth a mention.

Take care ladies.

K.

Dierdre

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2023, 01:06:34 AM »

Hello Deirdre

That is interesting what you say about Benecol.  I too am having a flare up and have been drinking a Benecol yoghurt daily for the last 6 weeks or so to help with my cholesterol.    I think I’ll stop drinking them once I have run out (just got 2 left) and see what happens.  I was thinking of taking a capsule of plant sterols instead of the Benecol, as they are so expensive, but maybe I’ll delay that for now and see what happens.  What a choice - a flare up or high cholesterol!  I also suffer with prolapse and lichen sclerosus as well as the VA and at present am not sure what is going on.  I have upped my vagifem, ovestin and dermovate but it hasn’t really helped.
I've upped everything this last few weeks, Vagifem, Ovestin and Dermovate but nothing seems to have any effect. I'm not taking any more Benecol, even though it has helped with reducing my cholesterol, until I know it's not the cause of this massive reversal of everything I've managed to achieve over the years in maintaining my atrophy. I feel so down now as it's like I'm back to where I was years ago and even struggling to sit comfortably. 
If it's a choice I will be stopping the Benecol.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:53:53 PM by Dierdre »

Haydo

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2023, 09:19:30 AM »

Yes, it’s all so miserable, and stressful too, trying to think what you may have/have not done to cause a flare up.  Definitely, if I think the Benecol may have contributed I will be stopping it too.   I would be interested to know what your thoughts are once you have stopped it for a while.   

Dierdre

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2023, 10:52:10 AM »

Not sure how long these things take to get out your system, probably wont see any improvement until then. Will keep you updated and please let us know when you notice an improvement.

Haydo

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2023, 11:05:01 AM »

I will do.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2023, 12:35:13 PM »

'benocol' won't stay in the system for long, as it's mainly water. 

How does it feel today?

Dierdre

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2023, 05:08:08 PM »

No change yet, 3 days now since I  had the last Benecol. Taking 2 Vagifem a day now, Ovestin externally and Dermovate on the labia as so sore and now adding YES WB inside and out. 🤞

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2023, 06:21:45 PM »

It's a bit long winded this  ::) ...........  :tulips2:

holidaylover

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2023, 02:43:59 PM »

I'm still suffering too with my symptoms.  I'm using the Ovestin daily but don't think its doing anything. I seem to have a couple of better days when I think I'm over it then the pain in my bladder and back starts again.  Haven't got such an  urge to pee all the time but just feel uncomfortable in my pelvic area.  I dont take Benecol but I do take a Yakult every morning.  Dont think they are the same thing though.  I am worried there has been damage done when I had my smear to be honest. Hope everyone is feeling a bit better today. 

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2023, 03:25:28 PM »

holidaylover - go along to your Nurse Practitioner ASAP and have a discussion?  Worry/stress may increase VA symptoms.  Ovestin may not be the treatment on its own, how far 'up' are you able to insert the applicator?  Perhaps 'vagifem' internally with 'ovestin' for the outer regions as well as pain relief to ease any associated pain might work.

holidaylover

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2023, 03:48:42 PM »

I hate using the Ovestin, to be truthful, I find myself tensing up.  I'm not sure how high I'm supposed to go with the applicator, but I do it as far as I feel comfortable.  I am noticing that I feel a bit itchy once I have used it, don't know if that's a side effect.  That wears off though after a while.  I'm actually not sure now if the pains I have are to do with my bladder anymore, feels a little bit like period type pain at times.   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11