Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan - Dose Advice Please 🙏  (Read 1751 times)

pineappletop

Re: Utrogestan - Dose Advice Please 🙏
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2023, 03:19:20 PM »

Hi pineapple
I was on one Utrogestan 100mg for 10 days initially. But I couldn’t bear it so I dropped to 100mg for 7 days a month which is the very bare minimum. I also had annual scans. Even that was unbearable in the end as I am completely progesterone intolerant so at aged 53 I opted for a hysterectomy via keyhole. So now I dont need the Utro any longer.

So just 1 x 100mg 7 days per month Mollydolly?

That's good to know, so I should be ok cutting down a bit.

Hoping I'm not completely intolerant, but I did have a bad time on it last cycle. Hopefully a reduced dose all taken internally will be a lot better.

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 03:46:53 PM »

Hi pineapple

Yes, I bleed for 4 days a month. I have always had pretty regular periods and HRT didn’t change them at all. It was my GP who said 25 days of utro was ok. I would like to take much less, but recently someone knowledgeable (Dr Currie I think) said that they have concerns that even that may not be enough to protect the womb from high doses (3-4 pumps) of oestrogel. I take 2-3 pumps so I’m wary of taking less utrogestan. I know a lot of people talk about getting scans to check the womb lining but I don’t know what type of scan or how you get them. I will have to see my GP.

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2023, 04:00:10 PM »

Hi pineapple
I was on one Utrogestan 100mg for 10 days initially. But I couldn’t bear it so I dropped to 100mg for 7 days a month which is the very bare minimum. I also had annual scans. Even that was unbearable in the end as I am completely progesterone intolerant so at aged 53 I opted for a hysterectomy via keyhole. So now I dont need the Utro any longer.

So just 1 x 100mg 7 days per month Mollydolly?

That's good to know, so I should be ok cutting down a bit.

Hoping I'm not completely intolerant, but I did have a bad time on it last cycle. Hopefully a reduced dose all taken internally will be a lot better.
If you take less than the recommended dose (and this is much less than is recommended) it's really important you have regular scans. You put yourself at increased risk of cancer if the lining builds up.

pineappletop

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 04:53:19 PM »

Thanks Sheila99 and Katherine.

My thinking was that so long as I get a bleed I'll know the lining is being shed.

Would that not be enough to know that a build up is not occuring?

Katherine

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2023, 07:22:39 PM »

Hi pineapple

I seem to recall one post I read that having a bleed does not necessarily mean the lining is shedding properly.

I don’t know enough about the female anatomy to understand this. Logically you would think a bleed to be evidence enough but I guess you might only be having a partial shedding and not know that.. I wouldn’t take any chances though and I would follow the guidance or speak to your GP about trying an alternative type of progesterone.

I’ve just had a 3 day break from utrogestan due to side effects but I will skip my scheduled 3 day break later on in the month to make up for it. Not ideal but I do try to follow the guidance as much as possible.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 07:31:26 PM by Katherine »

Betsy123

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 08:52:02 PM »

I was on one Utrogestan 100mg for 10 days initially. But I couldn’t bear it so I dropped to 100mg for 7 days a month which is the very bare minimum. I also had annual scans. Even that was unbearable in the end as I am completely progesterone intolerant so at aged 53 I opted for a hysterectomy via keyhole.

What were your symptoms with the progesterone? Did it take you long to get back on your feet after the surgery? Apologies for the questions but I really struggle with progesterone.
Pages: 1 [2]