Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!  (Read 1390 times)

alison1210

• First Flush
Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!
« on: March 29, 2023, 02:14:42 PM »

Hi all, am hoping for a bit of advice/help - I'm 52 now and have been on femoston 1/10 for around three years. I'm now having very frustrating sleep issues - I get to sleep ok but wake up feeling as though I've hardly slept at all - as if I am not getting into a 'proper' deep sleep. Just wonder if anyone else has experienced this? It's the quality of the sleep that's the issue - sometimes I get 7 hours but still feel tense and unrested.

I'm wondering if it may be time to go up to a higher dose of the HRT and if anyone has found that helpful? I am getting the occasional night sweats and some headaches too.
Hoping I am not alone - it's been going on for months now!!!
Alison

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 03:33:44 PM »

I get that because I have weird, busy, long, involved dreams  :-\.  The nights that I sleep deeply enough are few, I can catch up in the afternoon.

MayB put your medication names into the search box to see what pops up.

Silverberry

Re: Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 01:37:44 PM »

Hi there!
I'm a newbie and have just started HRT tablets so I can't give advice on whether upping your dosage might help, but I wanted to let you know that I have had similar sleep issues for a while now, it became very severe and led to menopause being ruled in as the culprit after a long list of other things were excluded. Whilst I was undergoing tests, out of desperation I tried a herbal tea I came across called Yerba Mate. It has all the benefits of caffeine but without any of the negative effects. I am caffeine intolerant so can't get an energy lift from coffee like other people. This tea has been a life saver for me, it's helped me function during the day (literally prevented me driving off the road from sleep deprived exhaustion), and my sleep has improved too. I also felt like even if i slept through, i was barely asleep, it was the lightest possible sleep and I felt no better than if i'd been awake. 2 weeks into HRT it may well be helping me, but I noticed an improvement in my sleep before I started the patches so I definitely think it's worth a go. I get it from Tea Pigs, just google for their website. I think some supermarkets stock the brand but not necessarily that particular tea so you might be best getting some online. I hope that if you try it it works for you. In terms of the HRT I think it's highly likely that you might need a higher dose, I think it would be worth speaking to your GP about trying a higher dose. One thing I have learned from my menopause research is that everyone is different and dosages sometimes need amending to suit. Good luck.