Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ovestin?  (Read 2733 times)

KaraShannon

Ovestin?
« on: March 14, 2023, 11:13:30 PM »

Hi all

I ordered Ovestin from superdrug online doctor. 

Haven't used it yet but going to give it a go tomorrow.  What are other's experiences?

On another note I asked the pharmacist in superdrug if it's possible to get testosterone over the counter and she looked at me very strangely, as if I wanted to do something weird, maybe grow a moustache or something  ;D  Then said she didn't have any idea.

Dierdre

Re: Ovestin?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 07:52:01 AM »

Ovestin can sting on the labia sometimes when first using it especially if your sore, so I apply a layer of Bepanthan afterwads or you can use a moisturiser of your choice.

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 09:21:11 AM »

Ovestin stung when I first used it but with advice on here I bought Sylk moisturiser to mix with it and problem solved. Once my body got used to it I no longer have any stinging.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 09:22:11 AM »

Ovestin is good but gave me stomach ache after 10 days loading   :'( But that's just my stupid body,doesn't like anything much medication wise  ;D
Are you sure she was a pharmacist? They should definitely know about these things

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »

Interesting jaypo as someone mentioned a few days ago that 'ovestin' was causing problems  :-\

Well we *are* all weird ....... even U and me and even U are a little bit .............  ;)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 09:55:03 AM »

At first Ovestin stung as my skin was so sore. I have now been using it daily for two years without any issues. I insert is using Sylk to help it glide in and I mix a little with Sylk or Yes VM and apply to the outer area. I hope it helps you. :)

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 01:36:08 PM »

Interesting jaypo as someone mentioned a few days ago that 'ovestin' was causing problems  :-\

Well we *are* all weird ....... even U and me and even U are a little bit .............  ;)
Just a little though clkd ;D

I think I'm in the minority who just can't tolerate it,when I stopped using it,the stomach pains went but don't let my experience put you off, I can barely tolerate anything much,no idea why 🤷‍♀️

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 12:23:51 AM »

Ovestin is good but gave me stomach ache after 10 days loading   :'( But that's just my stupid body,doesn't like anything much medication wise  ;D
Are you sure she was a pharmacist? They should definitely know about these things

Jaypo,

I used ovestin last night.  Interestingly there was no migraine or tinnitus which I seem to get with the vaginal tablets.

But strangely tonight I have stomach ache!  I never get stomach ache, I mean never.

I came here after googling ovestin as it's the only thing I've done differently and I tend to react to new medications also.  So interesting that you said it gave you stomach ache.  I know I've only had one dose, but I cannot think of anything else that would have caused this.

I've not been well with cellulitis and been off my food, but for the last 3 days I've been eating again and haven't had any problems.  It might be something to do with that.  I'll give the ovestin a chance but I'm going to leave it another week.  Glad of one thing though, it didn't cause any migraine or sensitivity to sound that I usually have after vaginal tablets. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 12:26:21 AM by KaraShannon »

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 07:34:04 AM »

I would ask for another medication.  Nowt is worth having pains for!

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »

It may just be a reaction Kara and your body will get used to it in time,I've tried everything vagifem,vagirux and ovestin all with the same outcome which is a bloody pest as the vagifem definitely helped but I couldn't function with stomach pains every day  :'(
Give it another few days but if the pains persist I'd try something else,keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 09:57:11 AM »

I got stomach cramps when I first used Vagifem but it only lasted a couple of weeks and I've never had it since, been using 7 years now and Ovestin 5 years.
Ovestin is a different hormone to vagifem and targets different receptors so maybe you're more sensitive to one and not the other.

KaraShannon

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 02:44:55 PM »

Thanks Jaypo and Dierdre

I'll leave it for a week as I'm just getting over cellulitis and want to make sure the stomach ache is not to do with anything else.  I've still got it today.  I slept ok, was a bit worried I'd wake up with an upset stomach or something but no, just this low down ache and every so often a grumble.  As if I've swallowed something whole and my stomach's got to work at digesting it for days.

Ovestin was the only thing that I did differently, didn't eat anything differently or anything else and it's so unusual for me.

Other than that I'm ok, can't remember if I was supposed to put on another estradiol patch before today's change to combined patch, I think I've over stretched the patches in the last fortnight as I was ill, so I might have left each one on longer than I should.  Feeling a bit like something is off, so it's probably that. 

I seem to come here when I'm a 'bit off.'  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 07:49:49 PM »

Don't we all  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 09:42:28 PM »

;D

CLKD