Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Burning big toe  (Read 5725 times)

Minusminnie

Re: Burning big toe
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 07:37:57 AM »

The reflexologist said it's nerve damage, worked on all the necessary bits on my feet so fingers crossed it will help. Tight fitting shoes that I have now suddenly outgrown, hopefully it will repair itself soon.

Could the reflexologist explain why you feel the burning pain only at night ?

Reflexology sounds interesting.  Could i ask when you first went did you mention the things that were troubling you or left it to be found out from your foot first ? 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:40:56 AM by Minusminnie »

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 11:18:10 AM »

Not sure why it's at night Minusminnie, I didn't ask that but when I googled it was common to only feel it at night.
When I first went I was very skeptical but do enjoy a good foot massage so had nothing to loose. She did a chat first and asked for any medication or illnesses, l mentioned my local estrogen and VA but that was it.
At the time I was also suffering from anxiety and acid reflux, I forgot to mention the toe thing as it was very intermittent then and wasnt bothering me.
After the session she said the VA must be under control as nothing to show but there was a blockage or inbalance in my stomach and intestine and she had now unblocked it, also my stress and anxiety levels were high so she had spent alot of time on that. She also mentioned lower back and a trapped nerve, it aches sometimes but again not a problem.
I was eating Rennies like sweets but since that first session I've not had one and no more acid reflux. My stress and anxiety's on a more normal level now and I'm alot calmer. The stress and reflux could have been linked and not dietary.
Not sure if the toe and back are linked as the sciatica nerve does go down to the toe but last night I slept right through, no toe pain!  Early days but good results so far.
After each session I get an headache and very thirsty, she did warn me of this the first time but again I was skeptical, not anymore.
You can be referred through NHS for Reflexology so it must be a recognised treatment even though I've no idea how it works. I go once a month now as it's so relaxing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 11:19:53 AM by Dierdre »

Minusminnie

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2023, 05:01:36 PM »

That all sounds a really positive experience Dierdre. Thank you for explaining. I may look into a local lady who was a nurse who now does reflexology. 
Great that you have had a pain free night with your toe.

Peana

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2024, 11:35:27 AM »

Hi Deidre, I know this is an old post, but wondered how you were now? For as long as I can remember I've had to sleep with my feet outside of the bed as the weight of the duvet becomes painful on my toes very quickly. Therefore I always wear bed socks, but this time of year my feet still get cold.
Did you find the reflexology helpful?
I've been wondering about having it myself, and was wondering how you got on with it?
Does anyone else find it helpful?
Thanks for your help

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 01:45:08 PM »

Hi Peana
My toe is fine now and has been for a long time. Still going to reflexology every month and she is still doing her magic.
It's so relaxing even if I'm not suffering from an ailment (very rare). 🙄
Low levels of vitamin B12 can cause peripheral neuropathy but high doses of B6 can cause it too. I'm assuming you're not diabetic as you've had the foot problem a while and would have ruled that out.
Try the Reflexology, you've got nothing to loose and it could help.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:41:00 PM by Dierdre »

Peana

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2024, 01:53:30 PM »

Thanks, I do take a vitamin B complex tablet daily (the GP suggested it might help reduce insect bites as it affects the taste of the blood, and I do find that it hleps) - I'll check the dosage.

When he was getting over long covid my husband started seeing a local lady for massage which he found really helpful.  She also does reflexology, so I think maybe I'll check her out myself.

Thanks for the advice.

Peana

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2024, 01:56:23 PM »

Goodness, I also meant to say that I'm glad you're feeling better.  Apologies for being so rude (just a bit tired).  :D

Dierdre

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2024, 02:47:03 PM »

Hope you feel better soon and check the B6, there is a upper daily limit:

European Food Safety Authority set an upper limit for vitamin B6 of 12 mg per day for all adults, with lower amounts ranging from 2.2 to 10.7 mg per day for infants and children, depending on age.
Pages: 1 [2]