Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Prolapse?  (Read 1202 times)

Sammas

Prolapse?
« on: January 12, 2023, 09:40:24 PM »

I’ve had what I was told a prolapse for about 1 1/2 years.  Was referred in Aug but heard nothing.  Went back to docs today as every time I go for a poo, the prolapse appears in my vagina and I have to push it back up and there is a lot of fresh blood.  I’m on Everol Sequi with I have recently increased to 100.  The doc did an internal and asked me to push down while lying down a few times but said she couldn’t feel a prolapse.  There was a lot of blood during the examination and a 2cm clot.  She has asked me to stop HRT, done lots of blood tests and sent me for an urgent scan.  I’m thinking the worst but also know it could be fybroids.  I’m just wondering any ladies out there have had a similar experience. X

Cookie25

Re: Prolapse?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 10:09:16 PM »

Hi Sammas

I'm sorry to hear about your problems and the worry that you must be going through.

I have no experience to offer you on this but wanted to send you love for a good outcome and strength to get through these days as you await tests and results.

Cookie
Xxxxx

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 10:14:23 PM »

Ahh thank you Cookie x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 11:01:33 PM »

I don't know a lot about it in women either but I think it's a bit worrying they don't seem to doing much about it. I don't think stopping oestrogen is good advice. You can get an oestrogen ring which might hold it up as well as providing oestrogen.
 I have plenty of experience of prolapse in sheep, I know it isn't the same but the best outcome is immediate antibiotics, anti inflammatory and spoon or harness to keep it in - and then it's still fatal in approx half of them. Hopefully the scan will spur them onto action.

Sammas

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 08:17:24 AM »

Sheila99 you so made me laugh talking about sheep! Since the internal yesterday there has been no prolapse but still fresh blood.  So the doc thinks more fybroids.  Luckily my scan is on Mon x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 08:46:31 AM »

H Sammas. I've had/have prolapses and I would say the bleedng is unrelated to the prolapse. It's good the scan is so soon.

Once you have the bleeding checked maybe you can work on the prolapse and improve things. Were you given any advice when you were diagnosed so you can manage this and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles? Do you know what has prolapsed? Also, the best way for a doctor to diagnose is while you are standing up as the prolapse falls back and can't be felt.

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 09:36:32 AM »

Hello Sammas

I don't have this myself but a good friend has. She was offered a ring to support her prolapse but when she opened her bowels it came out. The hospital then fitted her with a larger one. She was told never to become constipated as the straining would make things worse.

If you do have a prolapse you will likely be given the same advice. My friend was told that a hysterectomy was also an option but it would be a very long wait!

I hope this helps you in some way and good luck for Monday.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

K.

Sammas

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »

Thank you Taz2 and Kathleen.  Could too much/ little hormones cause the bleeding? X