Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evening primrose oil capsels  (Read 2399 times)

Smokey

Evening primrose oil capsels
« on: December 19, 2022, 04:21:09 PM »

Just wondering for those of you that are taking evening primrose oil for breast pain how long before you noticed a difference with reduction of pain.

Flossieteacake

Re: Evening primrose oil capsels
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 04:34:24 PM »

I bought the oil and found it made my breast pain worse! I must be one of those odd people. ::)

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »

That’s not good  I’ve been taking mine for about 10 days and I seem to be having the pain more often.

At the moment I’m having breathless issues it appears when just relaxing it is quite scary.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 07:11:42 PM »

That’s not good  I’ve been taking mine for about 10 days and I seem to be having the pain more often.

At the moment I’m having breathless issues it appears when just relaxing it is quite scary.

Do you think it may be making your pain worse like it did with me? You could stop it to see if the pain improves.

Could you be asthmatic? I get breathless a lot and I have asthma. It is horrid feeling breathless. I am sorry that is happening to you.

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 04:19:20 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

I have decided to stop the evening primrose oil and have also reduced the hrt gel by half a pump to see if that helps but today boobs still hurt and I’m now nauseous I have had nausea before so I don’t think it’s the reduction in hrt.

I’ve not a day in the last week where I’ve felt well, my ms is also playing up, my balance is worse and I’ve had some vertigo when turning over in bed at night ,  and after tea I had indigestion again even thou I had taken lanspronal at breakfast time, luckily I had gaviston to hand which resolved it.

That’s interesting my friend said the same thing about asthma as she also suffers from it, I was made to believe by the doctor that it was lack of oestrogen causing it.

What have you done for your breast pain as the evening primrose oil doesn’t work?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 06:50:26 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

I have decided to stop the evening primrose oil and have also reduced the hrt gel by half a pump to see if that helps but today boobs still hurt and I’m now nauseous I have had nausea before so I don’t think it’s the reduction in hrt.

I’ve not a day in the last week where I’ve felt well, my ms is also playing up, my balance is worse and I’ve had some vertigo when turning over in bed at night ,  and after tea I had indigestion again even thou I had taken lanspronal at breakfast time, luckily I had gaviston to hand which resolved it.

That’s interesting my friend said the same thing about asthma as she also suffers from it, I was made to believe by the doctor that it was lack of oestrogen causing it.

What have you done for your breast pain as the evening primrose oil doesn’t work?

I wonder if it is still early to know if the changes have worked as it has only been one day. Nausea is awful and I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

MS is so difficult and if you are having a flare then perhaps that is why your meno symptoms have worsened.

I had asthma as a child but it went away until I started going through meno. I have a feeling meno triggered it. I get the coughing type asthma now and need  a daily inhaler.

With the breast pain I realised I needed a more supportive bra. I hate underwire and never wore it and this was not giving me enough support. Having a more supportive bra has helped and I also take paracetamol.

MsUlysses

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 07:36:59 AM »

I'm wondering if the EPO is too much on top of my patches? Anyone experienced that?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 08:38:42 AM »

I'm wondering if the EPO is too much on top of my patches? Anyone experienced that?

Hello and welcome to the forum. You could stop the evening primrose oil to see if you feel better. :)

MsUlysses

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 10:02:21 AM »

:) Yep! Will do.