Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding whilst using Sandrena and mirena coil  (Read 1181 times)

Bettyb

• First Flush
Bleeding whilst using Sandrena and mirena coil
« on: December 28, 2022, 12:17:33 PM »

I have been happily using Sandrena and mirena coil for 4 years with no real issues. I have just upped me dose of Sandrena to 1.5mg as I was seeing more mood swings and it does seem to have helped. However I have in the last year seen a steady increase in breakthrough bleeding. Investigations have ruled out anything sinister but I am now pretty much seeing very small levels of bleeding on a daily basis. As I am about 4 years into my coil I wonder if it needs replacing and possibly instead using another form of progesterone. Has anyone else had similar experience

Zoe

Re: Bleeding whilst using Sandrena and mirena coil
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 02:01:04 PM »

Hi BettyB, your instinct about the coil coming to the end of its useful life sounds about right esp with an increase in Sandrena. You could always have it changed and see what happens then once a new one settles down?

I don't use the coil but have friends that do. Very few keep it for a full 5 years. There will be others that come along who have more personal experience than me, and better advice!

Bettyb

• First Flush
Re: Bleeding whilst using Sandrena and mirena coil
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:56:48 PM »

Thanks Zoe, debating whether to have new mirena coil or to use progesterone gel. I have always got on previously with coil but now it’s for menopause rather than contraception I really don’t know if it’s still the right solution