Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lansoprazole 15mg capsules  (Read 3013 times)

jaypo

Re: Lansoprazole 15mg capsules
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »

When they changed me from vagifem to vagirux I got horrific stomach pains,yet they are supposed to be identical,thankfully new Drs now and they have put me back on vagifem ☺️

holidaylover

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2022, 08:43:15 PM »

Oh for goodness sake, isn't having to take medicine poop! We just accept everything we are dished out without question and it's such a minefield. Quite scary really when you have no option.  I hate my aging body.

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 12:34:45 AM »

Dierdre, how horrid, did you manage to get something else that helped?  Here is an update - I went to the pharmacy today and spoke with the pharmacist with regards my side effects.   He said some people just can't tolerate even the slightest change that can be made in a drug, and that my system obviously couldn't process whatever it was.  My original tablets are difficult to get now but he is going to try.  He has made a note that I should not have the other ones again, so it's going to be trial and error really.  He had a half opened box of my originals left so has given them to me for now.  I did notice the new ones are made up in England and my original ones made up in Madrid.   So, thank you very much Brexit!! And I was right, the first capsules were yellow and the new ones white.   It's not a repeat prescription so I will need to go back to the Doctors in a couple of weeks to get another lot of tablets.  I would really rather not take anything at all and my problem is that I have never actually been diagnosed with anything yet.  The pharmacist thought it sounded like a hiatus hernia as I get the pains and palpitations.  I will push again for the endoscopy for which I have been waiting for since last December.  Apparantly, I am not an urgent case!!!

I just take Rennies at the moment for heartburn and I'm not having to do this every day now. Food isn't my problem, it's anxiety related causing stomach acid and I'm trying to do everything to relieve this.
My original prescription for Lansoprazle was during a telephone consultation then referered to an out of hours practice that I'd never been to before for the prescription.
I'm reluctant to ring my doctors for anything now as I have to start ringing at 8am, it's then a miracle if I get in the queue, wait for the recorded message to tell me I'm not and then have to redial. Continue until 8.20am then the message says there are no more appointments. 
I've never known things to be as bad as this with the NHS !
I just Dr Google now 🤣
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 12:37:21 AM by Dierdre »

holidaylover

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »

Oh Dr Google, I know him very well!  We are the same with our surgery, it's a nightmare to get an appointment, and I can never make up my mind if the problem lies with the doctors of the reception staff. 

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 12:20:39 PM »

The thing with Dr Google is,you're always going to be dead in a month   ???  ;D

Dierdre

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2022, 12:31:49 PM »

The Reception staff get the blame even though they didn't devise the system brought in during covid. They still act as triage  and you have to explain your symtoms and they then decide if you need the doctor or a Practice Nurse. Then you just get a telephone consultation and the doctor decides if you need a face to face appointment. Before I just booked an appointment to see the doctor on line on the day.
I did think of changing to another surgery, there are two others but they're just as bad.

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »

The thing with Dr Google is,you're always going to be dead in a month   ???  ;D

I know, it's usually websites from the US too.
Pages: 1 [2]