Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Brown discharge/spotting  (Read 2736 times)

Curlygirl

Brown discharge/spotting
« on: November 22, 2022, 08:52:17 AM »

Good morning lovely ladies

I’ve not been on here for quite some time. My mum has been quite unwell and also had a fall recently and broken her wrist. We are also in the process of selling our house to move closer to my parents, so things have been really quite stressful for the most part of this year

This month for me is particularly weird. I’ve had the most horrific PMS. This week according to dates is the week I should have a period and all I have is a brown discharge / spotting that seems never ending and just can’t turn into a period. I haven’t yet missed a period, I’m 53 and usually have one every 3 weeks, some heavier than others, so this has thrown me into an anxious panic.

So I turn to you lovely ladies to help me out. I’m assuming this is all normal for Perimenopause?

My poor husband doesn’t know what to do with me. My other symptoms are anxiety, mood swings, can’t sleep that well at night, so tired all the time and fall asleep instantly in the car when a passenger

Any advice. My friends say it’s all normal and just to ride it all out

Much love to you all ❤️

Dotty

Re: Brown discharge/spotting
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 08:56:09 AM »

Sounds pretty normal  :) . x

Have you considered hrt ?

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 09:05:11 AM »

Thanks Dotty

I do usually start a period with this kind of spotting so I thought that’s what it was but it’s just carried on

I have tried various forms of HRT and none seems to suit. Maybe give it another try? I don’t know. I take evening primrose oil and have done for years and a daily vitamin and that’s all at the moment

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 09:48:30 AM »

Welcome back curly! I am really sorry to hear your mum had a fall. You are under such a lot of stress. Do not forget we can support you. All the best with the move.

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »

Thanks Flossie, I really do need the support right now. All getting on top of me at the moment ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 10:37:40 AM »

Thanks Flossie, I really do need the support right now. All getting on top of me at the moment ❤️

Maybe you would feel comfortable to make a new thread in the Private Lives section? Only members can read it and you can speak freely about what is going on.

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »

Thanks for the advice Flossie ❤️

I might just do that

Curlygirl

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 11:55:11 AM »

I suppose this could be an extremely light but long period? Who knows   :-\

I shall see how things go I suppose

Thanks for the advice ladies as always you support is greatly appreciated ❤️

Bindi

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 12:45:40 PM »

Hi curly
.im new to all this hrt stuff to but you are describing with the pms pain and discharge was what started me on ovestin as it was normally around my old cycle time i had one bad episode of va ..but nothing major since..but my aches pains and headaches,and brown discharge ..i spoke to my dr told her id like to try some cream as i heard it could help with my weeing,and dryness and im thankful i did,discharge has gone,weeing thru the night alot better,and aches and pains have eased to tolerable..headaches are still here not as bad my dr is working on a plan now she knows the estriol cream has helped after 4 yrs of tests and tears,and time..for me vaginal ovestin has been gd 5mths in im feeling half of my old self..wrking on the other half to start soon ..so just try some ovestin even just for a month they say 3 but i felt the difference in a week..and am grateful i tried..gd luck hun we are all different and our journeys arnt the same but its all worth a go at new things ..if one doesnt work

Curlygirl

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 12:55:22 PM »

Aww thanks Bindi for the advice. So glad things are getting better for you. You are right, it is good to try new things. The hey might be just what is needed ❤️

Jayjem

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 06:39:37 PM »

Hello.  I can relate to you. This is exactly what I went through. Sounds like you are in perimenopause. Stress also has an effect on your body. I hope that your mum is ok? I would go to your doctor and have a discussion with them. You might have to raise the idea of perimenopause as it isnt always the first diagnosis that comes to mind.

Have you researched perimenopause on line. There is quite a bit of information. Dr Louise Newson has an app called Balance that is free and has lots of information about the menopause on it. It also contains information about HRT which maybe useful for you.

I hope you are ok and remember you are not alone. You can posy on here and the lovely ladies will share any info they have. Take care.

Curlygirl

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 06:51:49 PM »

Thanks for the advice JayJem

It’s nice to know that there’s others out there who have or had a similar experience

Mum is ok at the moment thanks

❤️

Curlygirl

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2022, 07:52:45 AM »

Seems to be a bit more red blood now but still only need a pantyliner :-\

Maybe just a very light period this time?

I suppose I shall just have to take each day as it comes and see what happens

Thanks for all your help ladies ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2022, 11:14:21 AM »

In perimenopause periods can be erratic and lighter so it does sound like it is a lighter period. I hope it is not a painful one for you.

Curlygirl

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2022, 11:38:47 AM »

In perimenopause periods can be erratic and lighter so it does sound like it is a lighter period. I hope it is not a painful one for you.

Thanks Flossie. It is quite painful this time and I’ve a headache and feel sick too 🙄

The joys 🫤
Pages: [1] 2