Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Does "man" offend you?  (Read 60032 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does "man" offend you?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2022, 07:22:04 PM »

Also - should someone dash into a Police Station shouting 'they attacked me' .......... that's more than 1, surely ? 

Marchlove

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2022, 08:28:27 PM »

We’re part of a sinking ship if we go along with this nonsense  :'(

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2022, 09:02:57 PM »

I think the media blow it all out of proportion but minorities shout the loudest

getting_old

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 10:23:25 PM »

I think the media blow it all out of proportion but minorities shout the loudest

This is so true, and it's the reason why I totally refuse to define myself as Getting_Old (she/her/him/they/it)!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2022, 10:25:03 PM »

Sadly in Canada many Laws have been altered 'to accommodate' this new trend.  Which puts women in particular at high risk. 

getting_old

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2022, 10:42:56 PM »

Sadly in Canada many Laws have been altered 'to accommodate' this new trend.  Which puts women in particular at high risk.

The Oakville teacher?? Someone was telling me about that the other day  :o

holidaylover

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2022, 11:01:54 PM »

And can we worry that Christmas as we have known it could be no more?  All the good old songs we have grown to love, 'God rest ye merry gentlepeople', 'Mary's person child', 'Little Drummer Person' and 'Gender neutral Santa Claus is coming to town' (There was actually a poll carried out where people thought Santa Claus should be gender neutral, and a mother got into terrible bother for calling 'him' Father Christmas as this wasn't gender neutral.   How dare she?   Personally, I love a good old fashioned Christmas and when it snows I'm going out to build me a snowperson!  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2022, 08:37:21 AM »

What WILL this country come to? I completely understand if someone is gay and I understand that transgender people feel they've been born into the wrong body and I have no issues with them either tbh but for some reason this country seems to bow to the minorities and gender neutral "humans" (am I allowed to say that)? Seem to think we should all think as them,and have EVERYTHING gender neutral,how many of these people are there? 0.5%? Probably even less.
Yes,it used to be a mans world but we're getting over that now but these people seem to want us all to forget tradition and forget gender and the companies that bow to that are pathetic and I think we should all write to Morrison's personager  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »

Our closest Morrisons is 15 miles away  ;).  I will be looking at other stores, as an aside Waitrose mince pies use by date is mid November  ::)

Sometimes the man sitting not too far away from me upsets me ........ a good  :kick: usually sorts it.

As another aside: there were more climate activists at the COP meetings in Egypt than Delegates  :o which is how Laws get pushed through.

holidaylover

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2022, 09:59:22 AM »

What WILL this country come to? I completely understand if someone is gay and I understand that transgender people feel they've been born into the wrong body and I have no issues with them either tbh but for some reason this country seems to bow to the minorities and gender neutral "humans" (am I allowed to say that)? Seem to think we should all think as them,and have EVERYTHING gender neutral,how many of these people are there? 0.5%? Probably even less.
Yes,it used to be a mans world but we're getting over that now but these people seem to want us all to forget tradition and forget gender and the companies that bow to that are pathetic and I think we should all write to Morrison's personager  ;D ;D

This 100% 

What if the wee gingerbread men dont want to be a gingerbread person.  Lets stand up for all the gingerbreads out there who don't have a voice!   :(

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2022, 10:54:14 AM »

;D
What about the band Manfred Mann  ::)

I remember reading about a couple who THEY decided to bring their daughter up gender neutral so she could decide when old enough which sex (if any) she wanted to be, I really could flatten these idiots,is it just this country or are other countries as bad?

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2022, 11:10:20 AM »

It's certainly the 1st World that seems to advertise these issues.  Remembering that in the Middle and Far East, being gay is a punishable offence, by death in some places.  Which is why the World Cup shouldn't take place where it is - human rights aren't the same as ours. 

However, in Thailand  ::)

Also, it's been said in recent weeks by a Paediatric Consultant that most of these children who feel that they are 'in the wrong bodies', once through puberty accept their born gender.  So where are the parents in this?

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »

Was Mannfred Mann 'Mathew and son?'  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2022, 12:46:34 PM »

Think that was Cat Stevens  ???
Matthew and He/she/they

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2022, 12:58:51 PM »

As a complete aside regarding Matthew and Son - I was travelling with my Dad when we passed a Seed Merchants who were X and son - he suddenly burst into Matthew and Son  ;D I had no idea that he even listened to pop music  :rofl:  1 of my happier moments with Dad. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34