Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause belly  (Read 1380 times)

lisa06031510

Menopause belly
« on: September 29, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »

Hi All,

I had a full hysterectomy January 2020 at the age of 36 and pulled on the lbs soooo quick.. went from a size 8 to a 12/14. I have managed to now lose some weight and fit in 10s now but, my god my belly is still big.. and I've never suffered with belly fat before... How can I get rid of this?? I go to the gym but nothing seems to help... I wear HRT patches on my belly... Is this what is causing it to stay fat???

Thank you

Lisa

Dandelion

Re: Menopause belly
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 08:36:07 PM »

Hi All,

I had a full hysterectomy January 2020 at the age of 36 and pulled on the lbs soooo quick.. went from a size 8 to a 12/14. I have managed to now lose some weight and fit in 10s now but, my god my belly is still big.. and I've never suffered with belly fat before... How can I get rid of this?? I go to the gym but nothing seems to help... I wear HRT patches on my belly... Is this what is causing it to stay fat???

Thank you

Lisa
When I was young I was long and skinny yet I still had a belly. I learnt in middle age that I was wheat intolerant. My mum had a belly as well.
Strangely, I began to put on weight when I used to take amphetamines, these are supposed to make you lose weight, but I was so depressed naturally from childhood abuse, that the amphetamines motivated me to eat more.
I became perimenopausal when I was 42, I went up to 14 stone size 18, I was okay with my appearance but my BMI was too high.
Stress caused me to go down to 7 stone, I am now just over 11 stone and size 16. I hope you don't mind the essay. Have you always had a belly? Maybe you could ask at your gym for toning exercises, if I remember rightly, laying on your back with your legs slightly raised, tones up the belly but check at the gym because I am no expert

lisa06031510

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 08:46:08 PM »

I have never suffered with my belly, right up til I had the op.. so I know menopause is known to give you a belly and I had accepted that... BUT since then losing Weight again it's bothered me as it's just not shifting.

Don't apologize for essay .... This site is the best for getting things off your chest

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 09:46:18 PM »

I have never suffered with my belly, right up til I had the op.. so I know menopause is known to give you a belly and I had accepted that... BUT since then losing Weight again it's bothered me as it's just not shifting.

Don't apologize for essay .... This site is the best for getting things off your chest
I hope you find answers to your question.

Joadsame

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 10:03:32 AM »

I, like dandelion have always had a belly but since menopause, the pounds have piled on and my tummy has doubled in size. Don’t know how or if your can get rid of it.

Katherine

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 10:23:11 AM »

I have always been slim until about two years ago when I started overeating due to stress but even when slim I had a tummy, my dads side were all the same, I think it’s just our genes, but I will try and give up wheat and see what happens, it’s worth a try. X

Jules

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 09:34:15 AM »

Ive never had fat on my stomach until 3 years ago. It started building up, partly the lockdowns and eating and drinking more but also menopause and my age. I hate it. Its uncomfortable.  I cant wear the clothes i used to.  Im quite slim otherwise its very hard to reverse. 
I have always been slim until about two years ago when I started overeating due to stress but even when slim I had a tummy, my dads side were all the same, I think it’s just our genes, but I will try and give up wheat and see what happens, it’s worth a try. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »

I don't have fat but my apron dropped years ago so looking down I appear fatter than I am.  In the bath I am absolutely lovely ;-). Do U weigh any extra?

lisa06031510

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 05:48:07 PM »

Ummm I got weighed before my op and I was 8stone 10 and a size 8 to 10 but went to a size 12 to 14 but refused to weigh myself as I knew it would not be nice... But I am now back in 10s and weighed myself about 6 weeks ago and I was 9.10... which I don't mind but just hate the belly