Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?  (Read 31145 times)

Molly

Re: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?
« Reply #300 on: September 01, 2022, 02:46:43 PM »

joziel im so happy to hear your heart is ok and you are feeling uch better. off the estrogen. Thank you for your help and advise on here, I will be sorry to see you go x

Clarella

« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2022, 05:53:44 AM »

I’m glad your heart is better and you’ve resolved your issues Joziel but I’m so sorry to see you go. Your posts were very helpful ❤️

Peri2022

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2022, 02:16:04 PM »

Hello lovely ladies, I know this thread has been dormant for a few weeks but I see that you've had a lengthy discussion about symptoms of oestrogen being too high, and I was wondering if I could jump on and pick your collective brains please as it looks like some of you have been in the same boat. I'm 45 years old and started Estradot 50mcg about 3 weeks ago, mainly for unbearable cortisol surges/panic/anxiety although I do also get night sweats and horrible periods.

I'm going absolutely demented with the oestrogen rollercoaster. On the day I put on a new patch, I feel like I'm on some kind of amphetamine for about 12-18 hours: jittery, wired, tense, extremely uncomfortable, with just occasional flashes of bright mood followed by high anxiety. The next day I feel a bit worn out and then I only really feel good and normal on the day before the patch is due to be changed again. I'm with the Newson Clinic and will try to get an appointment soon but it looks like some of you ladies were on a similar journey re: adverse effects of oestrogen, and I wonder if you could update me with anything you learned after a few months of trial and error? I kind of feel like my body must be absorbing a massive wallop of oestrogen on day one and then just tiny dribs and drabs by day three. I'm thinking about whether I should just go down to half a patch (25mcg) or just ask to be switched to gel so I can tweak it day by day. Thank you so much to anyone who sees this and replies, I'm going mad over here!

Marchlove

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2022, 03:24:28 PM »

Hi Peri

It sounds like you may have started on too high a dose. So yes you could half the patch and see if that helps.

Then by the time you get your next appointment you should know if it’s worked or not and can switch if necessary.

M x

Kathleen

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2022, 06:53:42 PM »

Hello ladies.

Peri2022 -  I could have written your post lol!

I currently use one sachet of Sandrena gel but your experience  of feeling drugged certainly resonates with me. Perhaps some of us absorb Oestrogen too quickly or unevenly?

I am also with Newson Health and, like you I will try to speak to my Dr asap.

I am sorry that you are also on this roller coaster but you are not alone and hopefully someone in the medical community can explain what is happening to us and provide an effective treatment!

I must also say that the lovely ladies on the forum have been an amazing source of support and good advice and I am sure they will help you too.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Marchlove

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »

As Kathleen so rightly says, we’ll all get there lovely ladies  :)

Peri2022

« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2022, 07:31:58 AM »

Thanks so much for your replies, it’s reassuring to know that I’m not alone and things may get better. I’ve been reading about ‘oestrogen dumping’ which apparently is when your body absorbs too much of the drug straight away, either because of your personal physiology or heat at the patch site. This sounds like me. I’m going to try taking half a patch every 2 days until I can speak to my doc and maybe try gel instead. I just want my life back, and not to feel like I’m wired to the moon on drugs half the time!

Pippa52

« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2022, 09:10:39 AM »

Peri2022  - I was exactly the same as you with those symptoms when I was swopped onto patches and also the spray.  It wasn't until I went back on my original HRT Oestrogel that I started to improve.  Both the dose and the type of HRT proved the turning point after months of feeling like you did  The patches gave me a huge jolt of oestrogen like it does you and also violent migraines. Wired describes it perfectly.  Do hope you start to feel better soon xx

Tora

« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2022, 10:47:03 AM »

Hi Peri2022,
Sorry to read you’re struggling. I very much relate to the HRT rollercoaster ride.
I felt exactly the same as you when I first started HRT. I was high as a kite, often felt like I was on the ceiling and other people noticed too. Rightly or wrongly I put up with it because it was mildly better than how I felt pre-HRT. I’d have done anything to not got back to the misery I felt without oestrogen. The good news is that it calmed down within a few weeks.
I started on gel, I prefer gel because it’s more flexible but once I’d got a steady estrogen level I found I was ok on patches too.

Whatever you decide, good luck.x

Peri2022

« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2022, 11:53:06 AM »

Thank you all so much for your replies. Honestly I don’t know what I’d do without the wisdom and support of women on forums like this one! It’s reassuring to hear that others have had the same experience and improved over time. But also, it makes me bloody angry! HRT is presented in the media now as a miracle drug - and for many it is - but nobody tells you how painful and challenging it can be to get your treatment right. I had a long consultation with my Newson doc who was lovely, but if she had warned me that I might feel this way and explained why it might happen, it would have saved me a lot of desperation and sadness. Sorry for ranting but I just can’t believe what we all have to put up with! I work in women’s health so I thought I was pretty clued up but I have to admit this whole shenanigan has really shaken me up and opened my eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]