Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: The gift that keeps giving!  (Read 1725 times)

Nik2502

The gift that keeps giving!
« on: November 14, 2022, 09:07:15 AM »

Morning ladies

Well after seeing my GP and having bloods done last week, I have now been diagnosed with low ferritin, Temporomandibular jaw, blepharitis and keratitis.

Do we start falling apart at this time of life 🙈?

My oestrogen came back at 620 which is high for me but I’m feeling better with the increase in oestrogen (150).

So I suppose we win some we lose some 🤣

Nik xx

Dotty

Re: The gift that keeps giving!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »

Sorry to hear that. But good news that you’re feeling better in the oestrogen dose xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 09:28:03 AM »

Morning.

What has your GP suggested for each condition?

Blepharitis - 'tis' usually meaning an infection, i.e. appendicitis - is usually obvious and there are specific creams too ease symptoms.  My DH has been treated successfully.

Tempero-mandibular jaw - as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax.  Does your GP think this is hormonally linked?  Would seeing a dentist be of help?

How do you feel now that you have the blood results?  Better or worse  ::)

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 04:44:56 PM »

Thank you 😊

I’ve four types of eye drops - two types for two weeks and the other two for life.

Dentist?! I should be so lucky. There’s a three year wait up here to see one. Doctor has referred me for physio.

Ferritin supplements for six months.

Oestrogen again in four weeks as I had put oestrogel on that morning and have been told not to next time 🤪🙈

Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »

Hello Nik2502

Sorry to hear about your troubles but at least you are now receiving the right treatment.

I don't know what Temporomandibular jaw is but I wonder if that is what dentists are checking for when they ask you to open and close your mouth while they feel your jaw? If so you are fortunate that your GP has diagnosed this without you needing to find a dentist.

A 620 reading for Oestrogen is substantial  though it may be slightly different the next time you have it tested. Even so the fact that you are feeling better on a 150mcg dose is good news.

The highest reading I ever had was about 600 and I was using three 1mg sachets of Sandrena gel at the time. My doctor at Newson Health said that most people feel good when their Oestrogen gets to that level.

Wishing you well and please keep us updated on your progress.

Take care.

K.

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »

Morning ladies

Well after seeing my GP and having bloods done last week, I have now been diagnosed with low ferritin, Temporomandibular jaw, blepharitis and keratitis.

Do we start falling apart at this time of life 🙈?

My oestrogen came back at 620 which is high for me but I’m feeling better with the increase in oestrogen (150).

So I suppose we win some we lose some 🤣

Nik xx

hi nik2502

im glad your starting to feel better.

could i ask when you were increasing your dosage how long did you leave between increasing each dose xxx