Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel pump doses info  (Read 614 times)

Pippa52

Oestrogel pump doses info
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »

Hi All,

Out of interest I weighed out the pumps of Oestrogel once and found that often each pump had a different weight.  Because I am stupidly sensitive to small dose changes of any drug including oestrogen I decided to try weighing it out for a week on scales (medical type ones bought on the internet but cheap ones not the very high end ones - it measures in gms not mgms which are  more expensive)  making sure I got totally identical doses each time.  I have noticed quite a change in my symptoms for the better since doing this which I feel can't be a coincidence so am going to carry on doing it for now just to prove it is helping.  I fully realise most people will be absolutely fine but me being me I thought I would try it and also thought I would pass the information on in case there are others like me who are particularly sensitive to dose changes. xx

Gnatty

Re: Oestrogel pump doses info
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 02:01:50 PM »

That's really interesting Pippa. A bit like when you get to the end of a bottle I always feel the dose is smaller. I don't think we can ever be completely precise with oestrogel unless we draw a black square on say our thighs to make sure we always spread it precisely to the same area too!

Smokey

Re: Oestrogel pump doses info
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 02:09:55 PM »

Wow who’d thought the doses could be inaccurate!

I know how important the correct dose can be although I’m not sensitive to them, I have in the past only increased the gel by a pea size to make a difference for the better.