Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice re coming off Estradot patches: Cutting patches or spacing out?  (Read 1378 times)

Petra

Greetings Gyns, I've been on 25mcg Estradot patches for about 2 years, before that was taking the estrogen in pill form (progesterone also, for 2 weeks every three months). Overall I've been on HRT for 12 years ... a few different protocols over the years, and earlier on, a higher dose. I'm 60 now and am wanting to TRY very SLOWLY coming off it and see what happens.

I talked to my GP. I've changed from twice weekly patches to once every 5 days. She suggested a better way would be twice weekly but cut the patches (these are the cuttable kind)...cutting a bit more off a patch for each step down.

Do any of you have any thoughts, as in, cutting patches or spacing out the application progressively farther.

POSSIBLE PART II QUESTION: PROGESTERONE
She, the GP, also said I'd need to reduce the progesterone accordingly, but didn't offer much guidance other than "if you're down to half the dose of the estradot, then instead of 2 tabs a day for two weeks, (Provera, 2.5 mg tabs) cut the progesterone to 1 tab a day for a week...which is more than half a reduction -- right?!-- and impossibly vague. I guess part of of this question is, is there a problem if the progesterone gets out of 'balance'?

Thank you all...