Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 6821 times)

Nancy

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2022, 04:50:04 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I am on Vagifem x 3 times a week and have been for a few years (hasn't helped the intimacy so I didn't really know why I continued, but after reading possible VA symptoms I'm glad I did! I've only realised it can get worse.

The Dr wanted me to consider Setroline as a possibility if it was really affecting my day to day life. At the moment I am going through some pretty bad health anxiety, am trying home worksheets to help myself. It is a bad patch, but one little upset can trigger it, so it's not easy. Illogical stuff and triggers a fear. Not nice and I really didn't have this before meno. I'm 5 years post now at 55.

Has anyone tried CBD oil? Just wondering if that might help. I will go to DR again, but even that is making me anxious now >:(. Thanks ladies - I'm trying not to overthink!

Jenny j

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 07:52:18 AM »

I suffer with  health anxiety and it is so awful I find that I can go a few weeks feeling fine then bang something will trigger it off.I don't take anything for it just try to push myself through untill it fades a bit but it's always waiting in the background  I hate it but ADs frighten me I have a few friends who take them and there still as anxious as ever.

Ayesha

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2022, 10:06:41 AM »

Since  my late 60’s I developed awful health anxiety. Always getting high blood pressure readings at the surgery, with me saying, oh its only anxiety it will be back to normal as soon as I am out of the surgery, this has been going on for years.
Two weeks ago I had a procedure, I was on the table my whole body shaking like a leaf, the doctor looked up and asked if I was ok and I said it’s ‘just anxiety’, he gave me more sedation and wrote in his notes that I was anxious.

That’s how I accept it now, I can’t get rid of it, it’s a curse that in my later years there seems no escape. Acceptance is my only way of dealing with it without doctors wanting to give me drugs, which I refuse but still looking for the magic cure.

Pages: 1 2 [3]