Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Constant excessive sweating, anyone?  (Read 1016 times)

Gill67

Constant excessive sweating, anyone?
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:06:47 AM »

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone else experiences constant heavy sweating during peri or menopause? As opposed to hot flushes?
I’ve been on hrt (Trisequens, Kliovance, then Kliofem) for about 3 years which has helped. That was the initial reason I wanted to try HRT, because the constant sweating was really impacting on my life.
Now it’s returned, albeit gradually over a couple of months, and I’ve moved onto 4 pumps of Estrogel and 100mcg utogestan continuously, started 4 days ago.
No effect as yet, which I know is normal, but I’m so worried that it won’t work, that 4 pumps will not be enough. I’d love to know other peoples experiences as I’ve never met any other woman who’s had this symptom, nor seen it mentioned on any forums. Hot flushes are mentioned but never constant heavy sweating. I feel like it’s ruining my life again as the only time I don’t look like I’ve just run a 5k is when I’m sitting down relaxing. Even just going from room to room at home will trigger it, and I’ll get sweat running down my face, my back and backs of thighs. I’m changing clothes 2-3 times a day. It’s horrible and I feel like I’m the only woman who gets this.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:09:16 AM by Gill67 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Constant excessive sweating, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:21:24 AM »

I think it's the heat wave as I am dripping all day, needing fresh clothes several times a day. I am taking ADs which may reduce my internal thermostat capability. The coolest place is r hallway.

Gill67

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 10:28:59 AM »

Hi, thanks for reading and replying 🙂
Unfortunately in my case it’s not the heatwave, though that’s definitely made it worse. It’s been constantly bad for about 2 months now.
It’s interesting that you mentioned ADs, as I’m on Venlafaxine ( have been for years with no sweating problems) but it’s possible as you say that they’re affecting our ability to regulate our temperature now we are in menopause. ADs can cause sweating, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re part of it. Thanks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 11:26:06 AM »

We've had a heat wave of sorts since the beginning of July when we sat watching le Tour de France.  PHEW!

I've never had problems until June this year.  I even wondered whether I was starting to have flushes  ??? after 20+ years with no periods.  I'm going to sit it out, literally  ;D; watching TV and doing as little as possible until late evening. 

I've taken ADs since 1988.  No problems until the heat wave arrived. 

Amazing grace

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 02:00:13 PM »

Hi Gill67, when I started peri menopause at 38 I had drenching sweating, only on movement, never had night sweats or what is described as a typical hot flush, never thought at that time is was peri related because I developed anxiety at the same time, took prozac which caused more sweating, I eventually realised I was probably early peri and had these weird drenching sweats for 5 years,  it was always my head it was like a bucket of water had been thrown over me, my hair would be dripping with it, very embarrassing when at work, it wasn't until I was put on hrt at 43 that the sweats went away, I've been lucky that hrt has completely controlled my sweating, not so lucky with the other million symptoms I get, hopefully the higher dose will help control it, I've never come across anyone else either who suffered this type of sweating in peri x

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 04:09:21 PM »

I have posted on kenny's thread.

Kenny

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »

Thanks Mary.x