Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2118 times)

Emsie

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 06:21:41 PM »

Hey.

I never suffered anxiety until I was approaching 45..then bang…it hit me out of the blue and has been constant in my life since then, I am now 49.

I was on cilitrapam but that did nothing, I am now on paroxetine 40mg. I was on 20 for a few years but January this year something changed and I had to up this.

I still wake most days with anxiety, but after an hour or so it passes.

I tried HRT and had a few months of relief
But then it all goes rubbish again. I’m having an HRT break at mo, really to see what my cycle is and also if there are moments when anxiety worse.

Exercise massively helps, walking outside is so good for your mindset. I have stopped drinking alcohol and have one caffeine coffee a day…

It’s been awful 😞.

Rainy kelly

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:51 AM »

Hi Emsie
I hate to hear you've hadto deal with anxiety, at least as a long time sufferer I've had time to get used to it ( well sort of) ..So its gotta be hard for you to suddenly get it in your 40's.....Gotta be a hormonal thing for you..... something I've been trying to find out myself for years.. whether it's psychological or an imbalance ..and the more lovely ladies on here
I talk to the more it seems its probably the latter! ....40mg of parox! .. hows that make you feel??? ..If your still getting the anxiety would docs review? .....I've started to keep a diary to see if there is a pattern  to the anxiety, even jotting down coffees I've drunk and foods I've eaten, if I've overdone things,  sleep patten etc?..I've cut back on alcohol massively coz I seem to get next day hangxiety constantly now! ...The HRT patches are quite gentle on the body.. well they have been for me so far ....but its early days and I know HRT is like a mine field if things aren't  working well.. so I hope you get that sorted soon, it may be the thing that will get the anxiety finally in check
RK x

Emsie

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 11:15:04 AM »

Its been very hard, I am still not sure how I got through the first year on no medication.

Parox is fine, much better than Cilitrapam I am able to function much better.

My docs are useless, totally useless to the extent they are under review, so unfortunately they will be of no hope.

I keep a diary of how I feel and when anxiety is worse.

My plan was to go a year with no HRT to see what is going on with my cycle - I came off HRT in March and have had 2 bleeds so far, the cycle between the two was 23 days (prior to the coil my cycle was every 30 days).  So just seeing whats going on at the moment.

I do a lot of exercise which helps.

Hopefully when I go back on HRT I can find the right regime that works for me.

How are you all today? x

Rainy kelly

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 12:13:31 PM »

Hi Emsie.
Well you've done great to get this far!... I had a blip this morning..sweating hot and slightly anxious even tho id taken the antihistamines last night ..but looking at diary ..I had 3 coffees yestarday!.. something I have purposefully cut out recently to see if it made s difference! So that's hasto go as it could of been what's caused my rubbish wakeup this morning......
RK x

Minicat

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 05:36:19 PM »

I feel you. I have the same problem. Since I broke up with my boyfriend, I have been dealing with severe anxiety. We have been together for five years, but unfortunately, things didn't work out. Now, because of my anxiety, I can not sleep, and I have lost my appetite. So, to overcome my problem, I have been visiting a therapist who has recommended I use CBD. I am not into smoking, so I use it via vaping systems. I am kind of  new to e-cigarettes, but at least they help me overcome my issue, and this is important to me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 01:04:14 PM by Minicat »
Pages: 1 [2]