Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: INTERNAL VIBRATIONS  (Read 2374 times)

marge

INTERNAL VIBRATIONS
« on: August 03, 2022, 09:44:08 AM »

I had quite a lot of internal vibrations a few years ago when going through peri and I know it's a menopause symptom, but just lately they've been back.  Not every day, but from time to time.   I've read it could be low magnesium, so I'm going to try a supplement. Does anyone have any other solutions?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: INTERNAL VIBRATIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 10:22:02 AM »

There are several threads I think about 'vibrations', mayB put that into the search box to see if threads pop up?

marge

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:43:44 PM »

Thanks CLKD, l have done that and some of the comments are by me! What l am wondering now is if anyone has found a cure. It’s a horrible sensation which comes and goes. Sometimes l don’t have it for months and then it comes back again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Kate57

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 01:56:30 PM »

I don't have any solutions unfortunately, but I do have experience of these vibrations .... I called them ' inner tremors' - they are very unpleasant!
I noticed them when I began to suffer from VA.
Once I began to get the dryness, itch and soreness under control the tremors began to ease too.

By the way, these tremors/ vibrations are NOT caused by anxiety.... they are completely different to anxiety/stress related shakes.

Hope yours soon wear off, Marge.

marge

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 02:37:38 PM »

Thanks Kate57, l don’t think it’s caused by anxiety either. A GP told me it was hormonal. My meno journey was relatively uneventful apart from this annoying symptom.

joziel

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »

Where are people experiencing these tremors? Are they throughout your whole body or in one particular place or so? Do they tend to happen more at certain times of day/night?

What are they like?

marge

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 03:07:03 PM »

Sometimes whole body, sometimes just odd areas. My left foot is particularly prone

Kate57

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »

For me it's in the body and sometimes my hands will tremble.
They are difficult to describe...but I'll try -

imagine a motor bike reving up and then sort of just left on its stand turning over ....growling and pulsating almost.
Now imagine that type of feeling inside your body.
It.is.horrible.

Kate57

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »

It can happen anytime....I have been woken up with them.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the VA but once that calmed down so did the vibrations.
Strange times these last ten years.

marge

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 03:32:38 PM »

You describe them perfectly Kate57. It’s the oddest feeling. Yesterday l had nothing, today has been quite bad and it might not happen again for days or weeks. Very strange

joziel

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 03:38:52 PM »

Ahhhh, I think I know what you mean but I've just not called it 'vibrations'...

So, as I increased my estrogen (to levels which turned out to be too high), I would be lying in bed at night feeling myself literally throbbing and pulsing against the mattress. It actually felt like the mattress was moving at first - I thought it was my husband scratching himself next to me, but it went on and on and on and when I sat up, he was asleep  ;D  Then I realised it was coming from me. Which was a shock.

As I've reduced my estrogen back down again gradually, the throbbing has reduced too. When it is minimal, I would say it feels like I am just a little shaky or fluttery or trembly - and is easier to ignore.

So for me, this comes from the estrogen somehow not being optimal or my body not having adjusted to it. I actually think it is an episode of higher than usual blood pressure and that's what I'm feeling pulsing - the blood through my veins.

I don't know if that helps at all or if what I'm experiencing is your 'vibrations', but that's what it calls to mind for me...

Kate57

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 06:01:31 PM »

" throbbing and pulsing".... yep, that's them!

KarineT

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 07:14:46 PM »

I did experience some kind of internal shaking.  I couldn't work it out but it felt like shaking when you're cold or anxiety-like trembling.  Very unpleasant by the way.

Sometimes, symptoms seem to be coming out of the blue.  At times, I can't understand what's going on and it's ridiculous.  Just because of a stupid hormone that has to decline significantly.

marge

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »

Thanks for all your replies.  I felt terrible yesterday with the vibrations but, today, nothing; feeling really good.  It's all very odd.

joziel

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 11:17:33 AM »

Do other people get these more at night than at other times of day? I'm much more aware of them at night or when falling asleep.
Pages: [1] 2