Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: back here again  (Read 1047 times)

Wildeve

• First Flush
back here again
« on: August 03, 2022, 09:36:08 AM »

:-*Good morning everyone.   
     I thought I was actually over the worst of the meno at 65. :'(
    things have become increasingly dreadful this last few months, with uti burning, peeing most of the night, no sleep and gp who has suggested             
to up my vegifem to every night again and also gave me some steroid cream? does anyone else get relive from burning by occasionally using a steroid cream on Virgina lips?

feel so down at the moment but you wonderful women save my sanity!

eve. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: back here again
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 10:23:58 AM »

Vagifem can be used nightly.  Some ladies do so to keep the vagina comfortable as well as using 'ovestin' or a moisturiser on the outer labia.  I suggest that you put a treatment up now and another this evening, continuing for at least 7 nights.

If the skin is very dry it may well sting on initial applications.  Using a little on the finger might be the way to go if the stinging continues.

We have threads on bladder issues and lots of atrophy  ::)

let us know how you get on

Wildeve

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 10:33:56 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply trying to find my way around this site at the mo.x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »

I've bounced a few topics that might be of use.  Make notes ;-)

Suziemc

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 07:17:49 AM »

Morning Wildeve

Yep....I have similar 'story' to you whereby my symptoms worsened 8+yrs after menopause. Been using Vagifem for about 10 yrs but then vulval itching/burning got so bad I couldn't wear knickers, I also wasn't sleeping well. Went to gp in Feb, she was very good, listened to my woes and agreed to give me Oestrogel and Ultrogestan along with some steroid cream for the vulval itching (did examination to check nothing wrong).

The HRT sorted my sleeping issues and other symptoms and the steroid cream gave a most welcome immediate relief from the vulval itching/burning. I do find I have to use it every week or so, but I use so little and it keeps me comfortable that I figure it's worth it. I use vagifem every other day too.

Here's hoping the steroid cream works for you too

Sue

Wildeve

• First Flush
Re: back here again sensitive to Vegifem??
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 08:32:42 PM »

Good evening Sue, thanks for the advice.
I've been using Vegifem for 3 years but lately I'm sure its a reaction to it, the burning up inside about an hour after I popped one in is terrible :'(
have any other ladies become sensitive to vegifem after a few yers use?  I use 3 times a week.Do you think I should try a different cream instead?

many thanks in advance and I hope we can get a cool nights sleep tonight. :)

Flossieteacake

Re: back here again sensitive to Vegifem??
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 08:40:42 PM »

Good evening Sue, thanks for the advice.
I've been using Vegifem for 3 years but lately I'm sure its a reaction to it, the burning up inside about an hour after I popped one in is terrible :'(
have any other ladies become sensitive to vegifem after a few yers use?  I use 3 times a week.Do you think I should try a different cream instead?

many thanks in advance and I hope we can get a cool nights sleep tonight. :)

Have you ever tried ovestin? It may be worth asking for some and seeing if that helps. It is a cream.

Marchlove

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 09:02:21 PM »

That’s interesting Suzie that you now take lower dosage of Vagifem and steroid cream.

x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 08:27:17 AM »

It can depend on how often you have been using the product.  That burning is awful.  It could be a reaction to the fillers/product or due to not having used 'enough' allowing the vaginal walls to become dry. 

As suggested, mayB opt for 'ovestin' - nightly for 2-3 weeks . Then alternative nights ...... it can be smeared on the outer labia to keep the skin soft there.