Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Marriage on the edge  (Read 6034 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Marriage on the edge
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2022, 03:05:26 PM »

Ms peak …Sounds like you have had a well deserved happy ending . Thank you for your honesty in telling your story . You sound an amazingly strong woman to have come through what you have . As do you groundhog . I just feel a big weeping mess . I know i have to address this mess of a marriage but don't know where I'm going to find the strength . I feel rage anger tearfulness and sadness at the moment and a total inability to think clearly. I have had a look at the relate website so maybe i can start there . So many kind compassionate women on this forum …. Xxx

I think Relate is a brilliant idea. They really understand relationships. I actually had one session myself, a long time ago.

You do not have to make any decisions now or put pressure on yourself. The counselling will allow you to make sense of everything.

Your emotions are so understandable. You are going through such a lot.

getting_old

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2022, 05:52:00 PM »

Relate is a really good idea. Just out of intereste do you have any idea what he's thinking Nellie Noo? Do you think he'd want to try to save your marriage if he knew how unhappy you were?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2022, 07:47:29 PM »

He seems totally ambivalent ! He agrees we have problems but is prepared to , in his words … . Let me lead the way !  I don't think on any level he realises the hurt he causes .. there is definitely a lacking of emotional intelligence, and  a sheer cant be bothered attitude which really upsets me ! Like Im not worth it . I do try and understand that he has a lot of stress at work but who doesn't these days . Am being civil because at 57 i cant bear any more tension or arguments but need to definately talk to someone . Thanks for listening   

Ms Peak

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2022, 10:49:08 PM »

Nellie Noo.

We are here always to listen, support and help you. Sounds like my ex, the Relate counsellor said to me in a 1on1 session if I wished to remain married....at the time I had huge anxiety issues and ended up off work.....my response to her was no I don't feel I wish to remain married.

For me it was onwards n upwards but of course we are all different.

Goodluck with your choices,

Ms Peak xx

jaypo

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2022, 08:35:23 AM »

This was my ex too Nellie,he seemed quite happy plodding along KNOWING I didn't love him but he thought I'd NEVER leave,I mean ,how could I? (Or so he thought) it is a very selfish attitude some of these men have and mentally cruel.Like Mrs Peak,when I DID leave,it was onwards and upwards,yes it was scary but so was the thought of the rest of my life being miserable. Xx

Nellie Noo

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2022, 10:54:08 AM »

My son thinks he's a low level narcissist …whatever that is ?!?!
 There is definitely  a lot of  issues that i need to address .. and yes on some level I'm scared to leave. Hormone hell doesnt help . 😘

Ms Peak

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2022, 12:43:22 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo.

My ex was a narssasist too...mean, malipulative man. Don't get me started on the stories he told my DD why I left, she stayed with him and now has a substance addiction- story for another time.

My younger son 16 at the time was my tower of strength to make a better life for us both and we suceeded beautifully.

Be happy in life

Ms Peak xx

getting_old

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2022, 08:09:08 PM »

I think a lot of men are happy for their wives to take the lead and will just accept things the way they are until those things change, then they just accept the new ways. It's that way with OH and was the same with all of the men I've worked with. Most of them had moved straight from their parents home to the marital home so always had someone looking after them, and as women we tend to naturally look after them, like another child!

You've said that he's said / done some nasty things, and you say that your son is saying he's a narcissist, so getting some support from Relate to talk things through is a really good idea. You never know if things will be better or worse, but as the saying goes "it's better to regret the things you've done than the things you haven't". Whether you stay or go things are going to be tough, but as Ms Peak says things can succeed beautifully.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2022, 09:04:30 AM »

Thank you getting_old . 😘

Ms Peak

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:15 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo.

You popped into my thoughts today so I just want to say hello and do hope your keeping ok.
Big hugs

Ms Peaks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2022, 08:34:51 AM »

She has left.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]