Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Do You Wish You Had Known?  (Read 2691 times)

laszla

Re: What Do You Wish You Had Known?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 02:49:11 PM »

Difficult to believe any 'professional' who makes such statements when every lady is different  :-\.
Couldn't agree more. I literally wouldn't be here had I not greatly increased my estrogen intake but know perfectly well that other women do better with much less. And reaction to progesterone is also extremely varied though is often negative. 

joziel

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 03:43:24 PM »

It's probably important not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because someone says one thing you don't agree with, it doesn't mean that everything they say is wrong and not worth listening to.

Due to the brakes put on things by the WHI, this is a new field where practitioners often need to think outside the box whilst best protocols are determined.

Not sure how we got to this from the bone protection thing, since those other studies are by a wide range of other practitioners from all over the world.

And just because one person needs high estrogen, doesn't mean that it isn't best practice to start low and titrate upwards only if needed - so that those who do best on low doses are not accidentally put on high doses to start with and then only moved upwards...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 03:45:03 PM by joziel »

Ayesha

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 10:32:22 AM »

A great thread started by ElleJay888 but no response from her as yet, hope she wasn’t frightened off by all the wonderful answers!

KarineT

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2022, 08:29:09 PM »

Hi Songbird,

You're lucky to be retired at 57. 

Some of us will have to retire at 67 and if we still have meno symptoms that's going to be extremely tough.

I don't think employers, especially really care about the female staff going through the menopause, especially if they are male.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2023, 05:10:39 PM »

Like this thread.  L.Booth
Pages: 1 2 [3]