Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello, I'm new  (Read 814 times)

DorothyB

• First Flush
Hello, I'm new
« on: July 22, 2022, 12:37:53 PM »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so thank you for adding me. I'm 41.
For the last 3 years when the weather starts getting hotter I get hot flushes.
I had my FSH and LH checked in around November last year and then about 6-7 weeks afterwards
The first tests came back as elevated. The second tests came back as normal
I will be having them done again in August but I've been struggling so so badly with PMT for about 4 weeks. My last period finished on the 4th June.

I don't have swollen boobs, I think my period may have potentially started today but my goodness PMT is making my life absolutely he'll and I've had it for over 3 weeks.

jaypo

Re: Hello, I'm new
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 12:59:00 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum,ah yes,the dreaded flushes,mine were awful in that heat we had,they definitely get worse in hot weather for me too.
Have a good look round all the threads,always plenty of advice  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, I'm new
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 02:31:16 PM »

Post Menstrual Syndrome is usual in the 10-14 days prior to a period, once the bleeding begins the symptoms should recede.  It's a 'natural' cycle though can be damning!

I was advised by the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome to eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  Not to eat more but to spread my diet throughout the day/night, I had a puppy at the time and she soon learnt that biscuits were to be had in the early hours after going out for a P ;-)

My go-to foods have been: dried fruits and nuts; bananas; ginger biscuits; dried Kellogs flakes in small boxes when travelling ; lots of cooked chicken dishes with veg., ginger and garlic; chicken curry with rice: trying to eat B4 my energy levels dropped = nausea.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Let us know how you get on.