Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to peri menopause  (Read 713 times)

Bluesmoneypot

• First Flush
New to peri menopause
« on: July 11, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »

Hi everyone, so I had no idea I was even peri menopausal until my GP put all my symptoms together and diagnosed peri . I honestly thought I was falling apart  with the constant crying , night sweats , aches and constant exhaustion. So I'm 44 and have been on the mini pill since I was 34 for heavy bleeding. The mini pill changed my life as it totally stopped the bleeds and I got my life back.  So now I'm dreading what HRT could do with the introduction of additional hormones. I've wearing the Femseven 50 patch and then taking 200mg of progesterone for 14 days on and then taking a break for 14 days . My GP said to expect a withdrawal bleed in that 14 day break but I'm so worried I'm going to be back to where I was with the heavy bleeds.  Any advise ?  :'(

Flossieteacake

Re: New to peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 07:25:53 PM »

Hello Bluesomoneypot. Welcome to the forum. Everybody responds differently to HTT and there is every chance you will feel okay on it but of not, there are other types to try. I know it is all overwhelming. You will find lots of support on here.  :)

Is it possible to continue with the mini pill along side the HRT?

Bluesmoneypot

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 08:10:01 PM »

Hi Flossie , I really feel like I'm going into the unknown , which totally un nerves me. Yes , my GP said it was ok for me to stay on the mini pill as I still need contraception. My first week I felt pretty good but this week my stomach is so bloated it feels so uncomfortable but I'm hoping that will pass. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 08:18:40 PM »

Staying on the mini pill is great as it will stop your hormones from even more change.  Feeling bloated is very uncomfortable. I hope it passes soon.

I knew nothing at all about menopause or even that it was happening to me. I only worked it out by finding this forum. It helped me to browse threads.

Just to say, you may want to browse the vaginal atrophy threads. I did not know I had it. It is were the lack of oestrogen causes the vagina to be dry and sore and it can feel like UTI symptoms. You may want to ask for treatment such as ovestin cream which is gentle.