Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone find speech an effort?  (Read 371 times)

KaraShannon

Anyone find speech an effort?
« on: April 30, 2024, 10:56:48 AM »

Does anyone ever have the symptom of finding speaking a bit of an effort, like sometimes you have to be conscious of it rather than it just being natural?

One of my latest symptoms.  And of course I'm a bit freaked out by seeing news presenter Rageh Omar having problems, I'd say mine are milder but the small bit I've seen of him online I didn't see a lot wrong?  I know his eye seemed a bit 'smaller' for a short while but it wasn't drooping and that can happen from maybe having a bad throat or an infection where one eye starts to water.  He did appear to be having problems at the end particularly though.  I think migraine can also bring that on, I really hope for his sake that it wasn't stroke symptoms. 

And of course it makes me worried for what I've been experiencing, although I've had it roughly the same time each month for the last 3 months and accompanied by a bit of migraine (I never get full on migraine, just auras)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had similar things with speech that their doctor's haven't been concerned about and thought to be hormonal?  I can't see my doctor, it's too difficult here.  I am looking at finding a private doctor for the time being as I'm too anxious about medical things currently and it's impossible to get an appointment atm here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone find speech an effort?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 10:58:23 AM »

Were U watching the News when Rageh was taken ill?   The Plus+ programmes were pulled for privacy purposes.

The answer is nope.  Get into the sunshine Girl VitD will help ;-) although right now,  the warmth has driven me indoors  ::)

Nas

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 11:11:28 AM »

No, I just struggle to find the words I am looking for (brainfog)
Think sometimes we need to be careful that we aren't over analysing/thinking stuff, otherwise health anxiety suddenly becomes very real (as I am finding out myself!  :o)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 11:40:42 AM »

Like Nas I struggle with words even those I use every day.  Names of plants; what we did yesterday; without a list I can't go shopping  ::)

We have a thread about what we have diagnosed ourselves with 'this week'  ::)

Jjumper

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 03:09:39 PM »

I have heard of this being a symptom of migraine.
I have only had a few migraines in my life but experienced similar to you recently with an aura only migraine - a few words that I spoke came out kind of differently to how I meant them - it’s hard to explain. It hasn’t happened to me before or since. I had recently increased my HRT at the time.
Hope that helps.

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 03:30:08 PM »

Migraine symptoms can be frightening, when I saw the newsreader I did say, he looks like he is having a migraine.

getting_old

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 05:15:57 PM »

I find speech to be a major effort, and have to plan everything I say. It's a result of major mouth surgeries, so not unexpected.