Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question about Evorel Conti  (Read 690 times)

Moody71

• First Flush
Question about Evorel Conti
« on: July 07, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »

Hello,

My GP has prescribed me Evorel Conti patches but I feel somewhat apprehensive about starting them. I'm 50 y/o, I'm overweight, I smoke approx. 20 / day, and both of my parents have suffered from blood clots. Is it safe to start using the patches? The blood clot issue is really worrying me however I have read that the risk is higher for those over 60 y/o. It's just that I am constantly tired which might be the effect of the menopause. I could sleep 24/7. I do have other symptoms as well but that's the one which really bothers me.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance!

Moody71

joziel

Re: Question about Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 07:37:58 PM »

Research shows that transdermal HRT does not increase the risk of blood clots. Transdermal means - patches or gels. So your patch does not increase your risk above what it already is.

However, as a smoker, you do have an increased risk just as a result of that. That won't change if you start HRT.

Moody71

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 07:40:12 PM »

Thanks for that info. I appreciate that being a smoker doesn't help the situation, but I'm trying to face one issue at a time. I'm currently working on weight loss.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 07:50:44 PM »

You're not increasing your risk further by taking HRT, according to research. Just stay away from the tablet/oral HRT options.

Moody71

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 07:56:12 PM »

Kind thanks for your reassurances... :-*