Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Acid reflux and diaphragm  (Read 3127 times)

Taz2

Re: Acid reflux and diaphragm
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 04:29:26 PM »

@CKLD Omeprazole is very bad for you, I’m so glad I got off it, the Gps prescribe it like sweets.

With a hiatus hernia though PPIs are often the only way to avoid surgery. You do have to weigh everything up. I don't like being on it, or the esomeprazole I have to use sometimes, but I also didn't like the ulcerated oesophagus and night time vomiting

Taz x  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »

Not sure yet, prescription is not ready. I think it used to be 200 mg if I'm not wrong. I agree CLKD, the lovely Change. Maybe the belly breathing will stretch the diaphragm, as Gnatty said, it's good anyway x

I guess that's 20mg. After a few weeks you might be able to reduce to 10mg.

Stella2

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 05:55:02 PM »

Yes, thanks Taz2, 20 mg.
Very interesting video! I am making my kefir and sauerkraut, taking vit d and started usin acv, now try the other tips too! Thank you Abba Fan
Kathleen, thank you and hope you are feeling better

Marchlove

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2022, 08:00:27 PM »

Dr Berg does some great videos! Listen to him a lot xx

Peripurple

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2022, 08:08:49 AM »

Just a note of caution, Dr Berg isn’t a qualified medical doctor, he’s a chiropractor.  Yes PPIs have had bad press recently, but as someone who suffers with GERD and gastritis there really is no other way of treating it, believe me I have tried.  However to keep increasing your omeprazole without having an endoscopy in my opinion is not good enough.  If I were you I would insist on a referral.

Stella2

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2022, 04:44:11 PM »

Thank you Peripurple, it's difficult as I know that GP is so busy and I have been so often in touch due to starting HRT, trying to get blood tests for thyroid and stomach issues. But I feel that I should have it checked.
So confusing, I have just been reading about low acid and high acid having similar symptoms. Maybe that's why antacids don't work for some. I wish we could get all checks that we need without having to contact GP several times.
Pages: 1 [2]