Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Peri menopause and Evorel sequi patches confused?  (Read 1069 times)

Sally44

• First Flush
Peri menopause and Evorel sequi patches confused?
« on: July 07, 2022, 09:56:34 PM »

Hi,
My Doctor recommended me to this website. I’m 44 been having sweats, mood swings, tiredness, insomnia, itching, bleed only for a day and been like this for a good couple of years.
Always have had bad pmt, but last few years I’m having 1 good week when I have period. Then over the next 3 weeks I experience symptoms and feel worse and worse. I finally spoke to my gp who said I could try hrt for 3 months to see if it helps with my symptoms.
She prescribed me Evorel Sequi. As I still get a very light period. I had my last period a week ago. So do I on the estrogen patch just for 1 week. Then do the other patches for 2 weeks ?
Also has anybody else had any success with using these for the peri menopause.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri menopause and Evorel sequi patches confused?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 07:39:44 AM »

Morning.  Sorry that you haven't had any responses  :-\

What is the suggestion on the leaflet in the box?  Otherwise you could ask your Pharmacist or put the product name into the search box on the Forum: make notes ;-).

Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.  PMT is the 10-14 days prior to a period, after which the body should be 'good'.  However, as oestrogen levels drop we notice differences, including the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, scalp, vagina as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Ask away!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 09:17:17 AM »

It should tell you in the PIL. You start the oestrogen only patch on day 1 which is the first day of your bleed. You would usually wait for your next bleed to start hrt. Evorel sequi works well for many women.

Sally44

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »

Thanks for the reply ladies.
It doesn’t say anything on the box and the nurse didn’t explain how to use.
I’ve looked back on the forum and somebody says to use it within 5 days of your bleed. I had my period last week so will now have to wait till next month.
I have been using the balance app by Dr Louise newson to track moods, symptoms ect. That’s how I really realised that I do have a lot of the symptoms. This last couple of years my hair and skin have become terribly dry. I wouldn’t say I get vaginal dryness yet. But a week before my period I have awful itching down below. This lasts till I come on my period then goes. I get this every month at the same time in my cycle. Been getting that for years but only recently saw that there was a pattern to it.

Sunshine41

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »

Hello, not sure how to post a question on here - a newbie!
I'm wondering how common it is to go from tablets to patches? spoke to my GP today as I don't think the tablets are as effective as they were and I'm keen to get back on track. Can anyone advise about how to ask a question? i'm moving from Estelle duet to a combined patch and not sure if this is a good idea or not?

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 07:04:14 PM »

But a week before my period I have awful itching down below. This lasts till I come on my period then goes. I get this every month at the same time in my cycle. Been getting that for years but only recently saw that there was a pattern to it.
You should get treated for thrush. I had it a few years ago that followed the same pattern, the doc said there's a change in the environment down below that means it can blossom at that time of the month. You can buy fluconazole cheaply on the Internet and I'd suggest following treatment for persistent thrush (can't remember if it's 2 or 3 doses) as you've had it so long. Not an expert on va as I don't have it (yet) but I think that tends to be painful rather than itchy.