Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Provera - day 4 and I feel miserable and flat  (Read 4095 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Provera - day 4 and I feel miserable and flat
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 01:31:35 PM »

2cats, those are great estradiol levels. What have you done to achieve that in a month?!

Flossie, I'm guessing you've already tried the Mirena coil? I do know some women who've even had a hysterectomy so they can have estrogen unopposed, although it seems a bit extreme!

I have not. I do not want it. I do not to try it. I too have heard some women have a hysterectomy to avoid progersterone.

Nas

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 04:40:02 PM »

Flossie, do you need the progesterone daily? Can’t you take it once every few days? There was a lady who posted a couple of weeks back, who was on sandrena, had a womb and didn’t take progesterone ( error on her gps part apparently!)

You could ditch the progesterone and have six monthly scans to check womb lining maybe? What Oestrogen do you use?

Xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »

Flossie, do you need the progesterone daily? Can’t you take it once every few days? There was a lady who posted a couple of weeks back, who was on sandrena, had a womb and didn’t take progesterone ( error on her gps part apparently!)

You could ditch the progesterone and have six monthly scans to check womb lining maybe? What Oestrogen do you use?

Xx

I am taking Evorel 100. I am not sure if it is possible to be on something that does not need to be taken daily. Even on alternate days I have the same awful symptoms. There is an issue with the scans. I am housebound so unable to have them. Thank you for thinking of me.  :)

Nas

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2022, 05:17:32 PM »

Aww Flossie.. why are you housebound ? That’s not great for you x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2022, 05:40:11 PM »

Aww Flossie.. why are you housebound ? That’s not great for you x

I am totally okay with it so please do not worry.  :)

2cats

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 09:24:43 AM »

2cats, those are great estradiol levels. What have you done to achieve that in a month?!

I added in one pump of gel whilst still using a 100mcg oestrodot patch, then after two weeks I added in a second pump in the evening. After I added in one pump of gel I had 11 days straight of feeling like my old self with no anxiety. It was amazing! It was like my body and mind heaved a massive sigh of relief. Unfortunately it didn’t last and I’m back to square one, hence the second pump.
I have been recalled to the meno clinic because of the level of 81 so will see what they say about what to do next.

joziel

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »

I reckon (total random stab in the dark) that you weren't really absorbing the patches at all. But you are absorbing the gel. See if you can ask to just use the gel at 2-3 squirts a day... and no patches??

2cats

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2022, 08:08:09 AM »

I reckon (total random stab in the dark) that you weren't really absorbing the patches at all. But you are absorbing the gel. See if you can ask to just use the gel at 2-3 squirts a day... and no patches??
Yes it seems I can’t have been absorbing and that’s why adding in the gel must have upped my levels in the last month. It’s depressing to not feel any better psychologically yet …. 

joziel

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2022, 11:10:50 AM »

I think it can take up to 12 weeks for some changes, and the psychological ones can sometimes take the longest (joint pain can take a while to go too). So fingers crossed things get better.

2cats

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2022, 08:36:44 AM »

I think it can take up to 12 weeks for some changes, and the psychological ones can sometimes take the longest (joint pain can take a while to go too). So fingers crossed things get better.
Thanks joziel,
Had another meltdown yesterday morning and feeling horribly anxious again this morning but hoping it will pass off in the next few hours.

joziel

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2022, 08:50:05 AM »

I am also getting anxiety at the mo, with estrogen. Just feeling jittery and like I've had a lot of caffeine and the heart beating a bit harder and louder than usual.

I also wake up with it at 5am.

When I was about 21 I tried a combined contraceptive pill and it had the same effect on me. I just got the POP instead and was fine. Obviously that's not an option now so not sure what to do. I was hoping it would all settle down but I'm now over 3 months on HRT and whilst some things have settled a lot (heart palps have largely stopped) the jitters and the waking at night continues.

Which is all to say - perhaps you weren't absorbing your estrogen before, but you are now, and some of your anxiety is from that...

2cats

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2022, 01:22:03 PM »

I am also getting anxiety at the mo, with estrogen. Just feeling jittery and like I've had a lot of caffeine and the heart beating a bit harder and louder than usual.

I also wake up with it at 5am.

When I was about 21 I tried a combined contraceptive pill and it had the same effect on me. I just got the POP instead and was fine. Obviously that's not an option now so not sure what to do. I was hoping it would all settle down but I'm now over 3 months on HRT and whilst some things have settled a lot (heart palps have largely stopped) the jitters and the waking at night continues.

Which is all to say - perhaps you weren't absorbing your estrogen before, but you are now, and some of your anxiety is from that...
Hi joziel,
Do you find that anxiety wears off as the day goes on? I’m so sick of having the same groundhog anxiety issues. I’m better if I’m in work. Just had 4 days off and feel terrible though I can feel it easing off now. How does it effect your life?

joziel

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2022, 02:56:22 PM »

Yes, for sure - I don't have it 24/7. On a good day, I don't really have anxiety at all, just waking at a ridiculous time and then I'm usually able to doze again.

On a bad day, it does last until lunch time but then wears off...

I actually find that it helps to do a workout. I've no idea why, my feeling is that it kind of resets my heart and cardiovascular system if I tell it 'THIS is when you are supposed to be working hard, not when I'm resting'!! It doesn't stop it happening again but it helps me at the time and for hours afterwards.

It affects my life mainly through lack of sleep from the early waking. I find it hard to get sleepy before about 11pm so I can't compensate by going to bed earlier. And also from not being able to concentrate on anything because of this sense of unease or anxiety which isn't focussed on anything (ie there is no specific thing I am anxious about) - which is really unusual for me.

2cats

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2022, 09:07:25 AM »

Yes, for sure - I don't have it 24/7. On a good day, I don't really have anxiety at all, just waking at a ridiculous time and then I'm usually able to doze again.

On a bad day, it does last until lunch time but then wears off...

I actually find that it helps to do a workout. I've no idea why, my feeling is that it kind of resets my heart and cardiovascular system if I tell it 'THIS is when you are supposed to be working hard, not when I'm resting'!! It doesn't stop it happening again but it helps me at the time and for hours afterwards.

It affects my life mainly through lack of sleep from the early waking. I find it hard to get sleepy before about 11pm so I can't compensate by going to bed earlier. And also from not being able to concentrate on anything because of this sense of unease or anxiety which isn't focussed on anything (ie there is no specific thing I am anxious about) - which is really unusual for me.
Do you take anything to help with sleeping? I take 2 herbal tablets called sleepeeze which I think help. The exact same ingredients are in generic Boots and Superdrug ones so I swap and change depending on which is on offer. I find anxiety and the crying the most debilitating of all the meno symptoms. I pray every day that the Oestrogel will start to work it’s magic but so far it hasn’t. Doesn’t help that I’m basically separated but living with my husband and this has been going on for far too long which definitely doesn’t help my state of mind.

joziel

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 10:20:30 AM »

I take magnesium bisglycinate around 8pm-ish. 'Twas another bad night last night. It's really hard to sleep when you feel like you've had loads of caffeine. (And I say that as someone that caffeine doesn't affect very much and can have an espresso and still sleep fine before all this HRT stuff!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4