Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Declaring Covid on future travel insurance even if fully recovered ?  (Read 1436 times)

Katejo

I have just watched a consumer programme (Rip off Britain) which looked at the implications of Covid for  travel. It featured a couple who had to declare COPD in their policy and have also had Covid but very mildly (just like a slight cold). They are fully vaccinated  However, their insurer has now told them that they won't be covered for any breathing related problems at all for all future trips simply because they have had Covid.  So in effect, it seems that they will never be able to go on holiday again.
I recently got a quote for travel insurance and wasn't asked whether I had had Covid. Does everyone (who has ever tested positive)  have to declare it as a pre existing condition even if they have made a full recovery with no ill effects? I probably had Omicron and it was also just like a mild cold.
I don't have any breathing problems now but.....

jaypo

Re: Declaring Covid on future travel insurance even if fully recovered ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 11:49:25 AM »

Hi katejo, I dislike insurance companies at the best of times but we've never been asked if we've had Covid, we insure through a company that Cunard recommends, we still get tested at the port side before getting on the ship etc but NEVER been asked if we've actually had it and we both have. Did it say which company it was? Seems awful  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Declaring Covid on future travel insurance even if fully recovered ?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 11:58:14 AM »

If the Insurance Company don't ask: and it's important to read the Small Print : then I wouldn't declare anything not on the Application Forms.

It's not unexpected for Companies to disclaim Covid.  The thing is to shop around, it is unlikely that Companies will make it a biggy if they want to encourage travellers to pay for something that many don't require.   

I think the important issue is to be covered for medical treatment abroad as well as being brought home (dead or alive).  As well a covering hotel bills for partners.