Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So down  (Read 2580 times)

Crone

Re: So down
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »

Just very down today. Had to battle with my GP to go on HRT but when I did brought back horrendous bleeding and bloating and total messed up my digestion. Stopped HRT as just couldn’t cope with the bleeding as having to drive a lot due to work demanding everyone back in the office. GP has now put me on anti depressants as menopausal anxiety has been bad. But it’s actually got worse. Might have to leave work. All just too much.

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. Anxiety is horrific and until someone has experienced it themselves they don't understand how all encompassing it can be.

I'm sure you have tried everything but, if I may, I have found some things help me...

Talking aloud to the universe and expressing myself with no holds barred.

Adult colouring...strangely enjoyable lol.

Writing things down, holding the pages aloft and saying 'begone!' or something more florid and then shredding them in the shredder with as much ritual and meaning as I can muster.

Visualising something specific which is causing the anxiety (if there is anything) and saying 'Everything is okay, all is well' either out loud or in my head.

You might also try putting some music on and dancing until you are breathless to get that adrenaline moving out and bringing some better stuff in your system when you first start having the feels if you are mobile enough. If you aren't then even something like clapping a beat to something We Will Rock You by Queen (I'm so on trend lol) might distract you.

Just a few ideas. Sending a virtual and well meant hug to you. Things are very up in the air in general for us all at the moment. There aren't many people who can push on full of the joys of spring every day if they care about others and the world so don't be too hard on yourself. It's a challenging time 🌺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 10:24:52 AM »

Morning Crone .......... browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Anxiety keeps me in bed.  Without medication I wouldn't get out in the morning  ::)

Crone

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2022, 02:06:05 PM »

Thank you, CLKD, I shall!

Knowledge is power, hey?  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2022, 02:46:04 PM »

Hopefully!

ange63

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2022, 12:34:16 PM »

Hi RobinRose, progesterone is usually the element that causes problems.    If you were fine on the other then surely GP can explore other  prog brands which you might tolerate better....  I'm not on HRT - undecided as I have digestive problems anyway and don't want them made worse.   Wish you well x  (lets hope when your boss does hit menopause the experience enables her to develop some empathy for others!!!)

RobinRose

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2022, 06:52:08 AM »

Hi, just wanted to update you. Seems the fluoxetine has started working so anxiety is well under control which is great. Hot flushes not gone completely but much better than they were so that’s great. Other people at work have noticed nasty bosses behaviour and apparently it’s a pattern of behaviour. It has helped knowing others see it and that I do have friends at work. Thanks for all your help and support , you have all been great and really helped me feel not alonex

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2022, 08:01:40 AM »

I was wondering about you in the week ;-).  MayB her habits should be noted by other colleagues  -  these can be used in an un-fair dismissal case.

So pleased that you are feeling much better.  Be prepared for the odd blip in mood, particularly if work becomes stressful. Otherwise, you seem to be 'getting there'  :foryou:

KaraShannon

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:34 AM »

Hi Robin Rose

sorry you've been having a hard time, one line that you wrote, about it being hard to keep pretending everything's ok, I felt that.  I think menopause in the middle of a pandemic is a recipe for disaster, there are so many other stressors going on as well as menopause. 

Glad the medication is helping and that things have improved a bit at work.  The only thing I thought to add is whether to try Evorel Sequi over Evorel Conti.  I was on a very low dose to start with of this.  You do have a cycle with it, but it stopped my heavy periods and there is just this light, insignificant period regular as clockwork each month (or there was until i messed up my regime, I'm hoping to go back to it though).  The progesterone is norehisterone and you only get it on the second half of the month.  I did well on that, strangely, in fact I used to look forward to that phase as I got loads of energy.  I changed my regime because I wanted a body identical progesterone long term, but I had a terrible reaction to it, so now I'm planning on trying to go back to my Evorel Sequi regime as the norehisterone, while not being body identical, did nothing but good.

Anyway, my main point was just that while evorel sequi gives a cycle, it does, in my experience and from what the doctor told me, lighten your period and make it regular.  I can honestly say there is little inconvenience with it in my case. 

Hope things continue to improve for you  :)

RobinRose

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2022, 11:46:38 AM »

Thanks everyone. Kara Shannon I was in Evorel Sequi it was the progesterone that caused me big problems so came off it. I might look at it again later on. At the moment as my biggest problem was the anxiety the anti depressants have really helped. I asked about the body identical stuff but got told I’d have to go private for that and NHS don’t prescribe. Glad it has worked for you and something I will look into again.

CLKD people are aware of her behaviour and hope they speak up. Certainly all of the other managers at her level have commented to me about it and have been checking in to make sure I am OK which has helped .

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »

That's a huge relief to me after what you reported: hopefully you will continue to gain support, so that your work-life balance can improve.
Pages: 1 2 [3]