Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie saying hello  (Read 861 times)

TC4775

Newbie saying hello
« on: May 25, 2022, 11:51:26 AM »

Hi there I am 47 years old I work in retail and been working right through the pandemic since and  last September I been getting stress and anxiety issues palpitations emotional during the pandemic I was the only person in the house that was working i didn’t know what day it was or wether I was coming or going 
Had a telephone conversation way back in September and the doctor thinks it’s peri menopause and I had a doctors note for not doing self service checkouts or scan as you shop so I am on the Main tills
I finally had a face to face doctor appointment last week I had to explain to a different doctor about what I been getting also my legs go to jelly as they start to shake the doctor said I am not right so I now got to wait for a blood test in 3 weeks time
Am I going through perimenopause as I not had a monthly since September October time and it’s now nearly June

Flossieteacake

Re: Newbie saying hello
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 11:56:36 AM »

Hello TC4775. Welcome to the forum. Your symptoms could be menopausal. Did either DR talk to you about HRT? I can imagine how stressful it must have been working in retail through the pandemic. It is good you have found this forum as you will find a lot of support. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 12:07:15 PM »

Hi there!  Peri-menopause may begin 10 years prior to the last monthly period = menopause.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

My periods waxed and waned for a few years: it's the change, does what it says on the tin  ::)

Make sure that you eat little and often.  Keep hydrated.  Exercise when you can.  Get into the sunshine to top up VitD levels.  The jelly legs mayB a sign of sudden low blood sugar/lack of energy ..... it's awful!

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

TC4775

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 12:07:56 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake
One of the docs did mention to me about going down the hrt route once I had my blood test done and she asked me to find this website and another website too
Definitely was stressful customers were having a go at us for some items that they couldn’t get and items they couldn’t have as they had doubles especially with the cooking oils at the moment only allowed to have three in one go

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »

It's difficult when behind a Till etc. when shoppers get nasty.  This isn't about you, however it's difficult to take abuse during your working day.

Frustration and fear cause some to become angry.  Where is your supervisor in this?  Is there a store security officer, in 1 store locally, he is hopeless - preferring to chat about his marital problems  ::)

Let us know how you get on and do speak to your Store Manager.  Abuse isn't acceptable!

TC4775

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 03:34:41 PM »

It's difficult when behind a Till etc. when shoppers get nasty.  This isn't about you, however it's difficult to take abuse during your working day.

Frustration and fear cause some to become angry.  Where is your supervisor in this?  Is there a store security officer, in 1 store locally, he is hopeless - preferring to chat about his marital problems  ::)

Let us know how you get on and do speak to your Store Manager.  Abuse isn't acceptable!
Running the checkouts and there is security we normally have 2 if there is any problems but at the moment we only have one on duty

Dani

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 11:16:02 AM »

Hi, I'm new here too. I just wanted to say I also get the jelly legs thing! I feel it most walking downstairs. I've just recently started HRT and am really hoping it might start to improve, although I also have had episodes of anxiety in the past.