Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie - on HRT and dunno if it is working  (Read 715 times)

Edy

• First Flush
Newbie - on HRT and dunno if it is working
« on: May 24, 2022, 09:13:22 AM »

HI All,
My name is Anne and I have recently been started on HRT which I dont think is working for me.
Since starting I have became very withdrawn and havent been going out or even washing and getting dressed each day.
I am also on anti depressants and I am wondering if this combined with HRT is causing my mood to fall even lower than normal.
Thanks Anne

Flossieteacake

Re: Newbie - on HRT and dunno if it is working
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 09:16:59 AM »

Hello Anne. Welcome to the forum. Which HRT are you on and how long have you been on it? This will help people advise you.

Edy

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 10:21:59 AM »

Hiya,  am on evoral sequi, it is almost 2 weeks in.  My friend had instant results but I seem to have gone the opposite way.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 10:25:03 AM »

2 weeks is so early for you to feel better. It took me 3 months before I felt the benefits. I think your friend is just very lucky.  :)

On the other hand, it could be the progesterone part that is making you feel low. Was your mood better before starting HRT?

Edy

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »

Hiya, it wasnt great but it appears to have gotten worse over the passed couple of weeks, since being on the patches.
Maybe I am trying to run before I can walk. A xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 11:51:07 AM »

Hiya, it wasnt great but it appears to have gotten worse over the passed couple of weeks, since being on the patches.
Maybe I am trying to run before I can walk. A xx

If your mood is worse then it could be the patches do not agree with you. I find progesterone makes me low too. I sympathise.