Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie just joined  (Read 741 times)

pinklynne

• First Flush
Newbie just joined
« on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:20 AM »

Hi my name is Lynne and I have just joined. I'm 47  work full time and married with 2 children (17 and 14).
I feel so alone just now, I'm crying constantly  having bad thoughts  night sweats you name it I'm feeling it.  Currently trying to get hrt from my doc which he is reluctant to prescribe as I take migraines......I have had 1 in about 20 years....I just need to know there is hope and this will come to an end :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie just joined
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 11:04:26 AM »

Morning!

There are several ways of delivering HRT which can avoid the risk of migraines.

MayB keeping a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  As we go into peri-menopause we get all kinds of symptoms  ::) - it's The Change, does what it says on the tin. 

Y R no longer alone  :foryou:    :welcomemm:  Browse round. Make notes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:17:38 PM by CLKD »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 11:23:15 AM »

Hello  Lynne and welcome to the forum. How frustrating your GP is so uneducated on HRT. Is it possible to speak to another GP? If not I would ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 11:25:22 AM »

MayB put 'migraines' into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up?  Make notes.

buffy26

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 12:13:31 PM »

Hi Lynne,

I am new too on here. You sound so down and I feel for you. I was very low in mood when I was at this stage. Was told no to HRT as I had endometriosis. So I tried alternatives. They really helped me in with low mood until the full blown symptoms were too much and pushed for HRT after researching further. I can share what helped me if we are allowed to do this on here Or DM.

Best of luck

Lynnk

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 12:33:56 PM »

Hi I am also new and also called Lynn.  I am having terrible bad thoughts too.  I cant even stand to be in my office and had to come hoe ill today.  I cant interact with the people there, as if my personality has totally changed.  I can relate.x

GeckoKath

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 01:11:00 PM »

Hello, I’m new here too. I’m 52, only just been ‘allowed’ HRT from docs. Been suffering for 4+ years. Feeling anxious, depressed, loss of confidence in almost everything, get angry when I never used to, feel like a different person 😞. Hoping the HRT will help? Good to know I’m not alone but feel sad to know so many of you are suffering too.

pinklynne

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support it's so good to know I'm not alone

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »

GPs need to realise that peri-menopause is real !

Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away.