Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hay fever remedies?  (Read 1715 times)

Gnatty

Hay fever remedies?
« on: April 30, 2022, 08:49:48 AM »

My hay fever seems particularly bad this year and my usual go-to is Clarityn (Loratadine). It doesn't seem to be working this year, not really wanting to take the stronger drowsy stuff - has anyone got any good recommendations?

Dierdre

Re: Hay fever remedies?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 09:01:45 AM »

I'm using Clarityn at the moment and its took about a week to start working.  Mine's not hayfever but since Covid I seem to be ultra sensitive to dust, strong perfumes etc and was suffering with post nasal drip and forever having to clear my throat. It seems to have done the trick  for me so maybe give it a bit longer to kick in.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 09:10:17 AM »

I have found cetirizine hydrochloride the most effective. You can get it cheaply in places like the pound shop too.

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 09:21:54 AM »

Best hay fever remedy for me and what allowed me to discontinue antihistamine’s was testosterone.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-85214-5

Do you own research though as always and tell your Gp it’s for your libido x

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 12:04:16 PM »

Interesting about testosterone but.... I already take it, one tube of testim lasts me seven days. I am pretty sure I am absorbing because I feel so well on it. I'll stick with the Clarytin a little while longer and then try the other recommendation if no improvement. Thanks everyone x

ATB

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 11:21:45 AM »

My GP recommended fexofenadine non-drowsy anti histamine available from a pharmacy. I also use the nasal rinse Neilmed which is great, so is steak inhalations for when it’s sore. I just got a little device I read about that has some science behind it, the bionase I think it’s name is, you stick it up your nose for a few minutes. Have a Google

Jasmine20

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »

I got hayfever last spring for the first time. Even the non-drowsy antihistamines knock me out and dehydrate me.

I found a redlight therapy device that you stick up your nose for a few minutes 3 times daily. Your nose lights up like Rudolf so there's comedy value too!!
It's called the Sneezer Beam: https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/allergies/sneezer-beam-hay-fever-relief.html

You have to use it consistently but it relieved my nasal itching and sneezing and stopped my palate getting itchy. It didn't do much for my itchy eyes - I needed Opticrom drops for that.

Amazon sell similar devices including the Bionette nasal light therapy device which sadly has gone up massively in price since last year.

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 12:20:33 PM »

Thank you ATB and Jasmine, I wonder if you are both talking about the same type of device. Will have a look on Amazon. Thank you.

ATB

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »

Yes similar, just diff brand