Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Urethra bleeding  (Read 774 times)

Figreen

• First Flush
Urethra bleeding
« on: April 12, 2022, 02:03:08 PM »

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks for letting me join your group.
I am 40 years old and believe I am perimenopausal. I have been suffering with frequent urination, burning vagina but mainly a sore urethra for months, it come and goes but i have been bleeding when i pee. I have no UTI and have also had a MRI scan and a cystoscopy which showed an inflamed urethra but no infection etc. I have also had swabs taken but no bv or thrush.  Eventually my doctor has prescribed me Ovestin but he hasn't checked my hormone levels etc. The Ovestin has def helped with the discomfort, i have been using it for 3 week but the urethral bleeding started again a couple of days before my period.
Has anyone else suffered with this? Some days it is just pink, other days bright red. Should i persevere with the cream longer. I am becoming anxious there is something wrong with me!
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Urethra bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »

Keep on with the 'ovestin' every night for as long as you need it, then 'as necessary'.  Usually every 4th and 6th/7th night.

Sometimes I need to insert an extra dose mid-afternoon as well as taking 'nurofen' to ease the need2P feelings.

Some find that using 'yes' or 'sylc' as well around the vaginal area helps.  It's about keeping the skin soft and supple to ease dryness.

It could be a small 'drain' of blood prior to the period proper.  Keep up with the 'ovestin'. 

Figreen

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 02:29:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply.
I will keep on with the cream, it was just a bit distressing and to be honest I was not ready for all of these changes to my body, especially my vag ;D

Gracie

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 02:39:48 PM »

Its not easy doing a search on here for threads that will teach you all you will need to know regarding Vaginal Atrophy. Its a life long condition and the sooner you get on top of the symptoms the better, it can take months for treatment to take effect. Do take the time to search on here every subject that comes up regarding Vaginal Atrophy, that way you will be fully in control of your condition. Its what worked for me and I knew exactly what was needed when asking my doctor for treatments. Research, research, research  :)

Figreen

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:06:54 PM »

Thanks Gracie, you are right lots of research needed. I think also it has taken me time to accept that this isn't going away with a magic pill. Luckily we are made of strong stuff!