Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi, New here 🙌  (Read 1074 times)

Nannistozz

• First Flush
Hi, New here 🙌
« on: April 04, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »

Hi, I’m Anna  :)
I’m 42 and have been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for a couple of years- had multiple bloods which all said I’m not, but definitely feeling the symptoms!
Night sweats are the worst part
Was having terrible middle of the night wake ups having panic attacks
Periods heavy and not regular how they used to be
Brain fog
Low mood and libido

So last October I finally got a lady dr to agree that I am peri-menopausal, because of my age she suggested the combined pill, even though I have a high BMI, I have lost 8 stone and run regularly so she felt it would be perfect for me.
She suggested 6 months then a coil and oestrogen gel.

Fast forward and I completed the 6 months, periods were amazingly light, no change in night sweats, night anxiety attacks went and did feel better in myself but went back to dr ( different lady doc) to ask about HRT.
She was brilliant and admitted that for my age, with bloods showing nothing, that it’s silly but they wouldn’t class me as peri-menopausal BUT she 100 percent agreed I am so went off to research a bit as to what I could be prescribed.

She decided on Evorel sequi 50 patches, she was a bit worried as said there’s less hormones than the pill I was on but said give them a go.

I’ve just completed my first cycle. Weeks 1 and 2 on oestrogen only I noticed no change in night sweats, did notice running was harder than usual with very painful legs which I could only relate to the patches. My legs felt very swollen and still after four weeks haven’t gone down.

Weeks 3 and 4 on the sequi patch have been hellish :( no bleed has happened, I’ve gained 3LBS a week for both weeks ( I’m a slimming world target member, well was but out of target now as was top end anyway!) I’ve been emotional, angry, stressed, anxious, bloated belly and legs, boobs are huge and nipples are erect all the time and sore!

Today back to oestrogen only and I’ve felt a bit calmer to be honest! I’ve arranged a drs phone call tomorrow to discuss but not sure if I’m jumping the gun and need to give it more time?!

I’ve had had noriday mini pill in 2019 and bled for three months straight with it, but noticed the progesterone in the patches is the same one as noriday.

Basically just wonder if anyone has had similar problems or can offer any reassurance or advice ❤️

Sorry for the essay 🙈

Taz2

Re: Hi, New here 🙌
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 07:38:20 PM »

Hi Anna  :welcomemm:
It takes up to three months to settle on any HRT so it is still early days yet. Side effects such as sore breasts etc should settle within the three months. You should normally expect a bleed during the first few days of beginning the new box of patches. This is called a withdrawal bleed and happens when you stop the progesterone. Sometimes the first couple of bleeds are a bit heavy and painful but, again, this should settle. One thing I would say is that Evorel has Norethisterone as the progesterone element and this can cause PMT type symptoms in some women. If you are still feeling this way after the three months then a different regime may be worth trying.

Don't apologise for the 'essay'. It's good to get a full picture of where you are on your meno journey. There is lots of support to be had on here.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 07:58:16 PM »

:welcomemm: some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Browse round.  Do read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread, 4warned is 4armed ;-)

Nannistozz

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 03:56:46 PM »

Hi Anna  :welcomemm:
It takes up to three months to settle on any HRT so it is still early days yet. Side effects such as sore breasts etc should settle within the three months. You should normally expect a bleed during the first few days of beginning the new box of patches. This is called a withdrawal bleed and happens when you stop the progesterone. Sometimes the first couple of bleeds are a bit heavy and painful but, again, this should settle. One thing I would say is that Evorel has Norethisterone as the progesterone element and this can cause PMT type symptoms in some women. If you are still feeling this way after the three months then a different regime may be worth trying.

Don't apologise for the 'essay'. It's good to get a full picture of where you are on your meno journey. There is lots of support to be had on here.

Taz x  :)

Thank you it’s such a scary time, I really wasn’t expecting to gain weight like this. Today my doctor called and said that weight isn’t a known side effect, I’ve read that water retention and bloating can be so guess the weight could be down to those?
She said the same as you, ride it out for the three months as things really could improve. If after three months I’m still no better then we will re-evaluate.
Today my period has started, I am so bloated today it’s unreal! Really hope the period will take away some of the bloating/water retention/whatever the weight is 🙈

My legs are aching bad again today, so this is definitely something that’s happening with the oestrogen patch :/

Nannistozz

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 04:00:24 PM »

:welcomemm: some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Browse round.  Do read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread, 4warned is 4armed ;-)

Thank you, I had a search for that thread and couldn’t see it- I’m not great with tech 😩🤣 I tend to write notes on my phone lots to keep track of symptoms etc, I was using the balance app but I’m so forgetful I didn’t keep up with it! 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 05:02:18 PM »

I'll bounce it ;-)

Done.  In 'all things menopause' room.