Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New Here 👋  (Read 849 times)

Raykay

New Here 👋
« on: March 25, 2022, 09:06:31 AM »

Hi Everyone
I’m new here, 48 and perimenopausal having had symptoms since I was 42/43 they have stepped up a notch in the last year (so many symptoms - I won’t list them all here but the worst was the rubbish sleeping, feeling hot ALL the time and itchiness - all worst just before my period)
So after agonising I finally took the HRT plunge recently and it’s been really bumpy and honestly I’m struggling…
I’m on Evorel 50 patches and utrogestan 200mg days 15-26
As soon as I started the patches I felt better (but I timed it with starting patches as my period was due so usually feel a bit better at this time anyway) - my quality of sleep improved and I felt like i could think without effort. I did my 12 days of utrogestan and felt fine (I was worried about progesterone side effects but all good) the problem I have is that things went down hill after stopping utrogestan - evening anxiety the first few days without it, then ALL the PMS symptoms - but no period… and sleeping has gone to pot - one night this week I managed 2.5hrs sleep - I’m exhausted all the time and feel worse than I did before starting HRT. Its 10 days since stopping progesterone and still no period and still feeling dreadful - help!
I’m hoping things will get better! Please tell me things will get better!

Raykay

Re: New Here 👋
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 09:23:08 AM »

Update!
My body must have heard my no period moan - period just started!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 10:28:06 AM »

Oh join the Club !   :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Gentle exercise, keep hydrated, eat well - little and often can help symptoms especially anxiety.

Browse round.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry, inside and out: scalp, skin, vagina, anus, between the toes, deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes ....... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

We have a 'funny' room 4 when you need a giggle ;-)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 03:25:39 PM »

Hi.
Welcome to the forum. Glad you’ve found us. 👍

THINGS WILL GET BETTER EVENTUALLY.  :welcomemm:

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 03:34:57 PM »

Welcome Raykay!

It does get a whole heap better!

V☀️X

Raykay

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 04:57:03 PM »

Hi All
Thanks for the welcome! So good to hear it gets better - you have no idea how much I needed to hear that!