Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do you still get PMS on HRT? (perimenopausal)  (Read 1313 times)

FelineFine

Do you still get PMS on HRT? (perimenopausal)
« on: March 29, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »

Hi ladies,
Hope you're all doing well.

Quick question, I'm on the Mirena coil and Evorel 100 patches and I go through PMT levels of intolerance, anger and real outbursts everyso often. I'm not bleeding regularly, only took the coil mid Jan so the spotting stopped and now don't know what's going on down there. There was some comfort in knowing where I was in the 'cycle' when I was on the oral progesterone so any wobbles could be attributed to my cycle. I got on really well with the oral progesterone and reached a fantastic level of zen but then I met a fella and the Mirena seemed the only way forward.

So just wondering, does anyone else suffer with frustration, intolerance and general ill temperedness? It's horrible, not many folk can do right for doing wrong when I'm in this mood. I'm an ogre.  :-\

sheila99

Re: Do you still get PMS on HRT? (perimenopausal)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 12:28:26 PM »

The mirena won't stop your own production of progesterone, it just stops the bleed.

FelineFine

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:36:56 PM »

The mirena won't stop your own production of progesterone, it just stops the bleed.
Ah, so I could still be grouchy periodically?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 11:52:50 PM »

Yes, I'm afraid you could. On the plus side it's one thing that should get better as you get closer to meno (maybe the only thing that does  :().

FelineFine

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 06:46:55 AM »

Yes, I'm afraid you could. On the plus side it's one thing that should get better as you get closer to meno (maybe the only thing that does  :().
Every cloud!  ???

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.  :)