Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - everyday or just for 14 days?  (Read 1832 times)

Sammas

Utrogestan - everyday or just for 14 days?
« on: March 10, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »

I’m moving from patches to gel and tablets today.  My periods are all over the place.  Am I best to take one tablet every night or start today and take 2 tablets for 14 nights?
Thanks x

Louise2010

Re: Utrogestan - everyday or just for 14 days?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:21:24 AM »

Hi Sammas
What did your gp advise?

I took 2 vaginally for the specified amount of days I had to and then had a bleed. I did it that way because I’m progesterone intolerant and it helped me tolerate it.

If you take it as part of a continuous regime (so every day) you shouldn’t bleed. I don’t know what it’s like to do this but I’m sure there will be others along soon who can help.

I would perhaps give your gp a call and ask her/his advice?

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:34:26 AM »

Thank you x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 10:51:14 AM »

Hi if you're still having periods then you should take the utrogestan on days 15-26 of your cycle.  You could try taking it continuously but it's likely that you will get breakthrough bleeding x

Sammas

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 10:56:13 AM »

Hi Dotty, The problem is I don’t really know when those days are as my periods are irregular, although more period days than not.  I came on this time yesterday.  Should I start day one from now?

pinkmarshmallow

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »

Hi Sammas
I am on Sandrena gel 200mg and tried utrogestan 15-26 days for a couple of months as my periods were irregular.  Found I was really tired on the 2 weeks I was taking the utrogestan.  Also I didn’t have any bleeds so the Dr gave me a choice of taking the utrogestan everyday but 100mg a day.  I decided to do the latter and it seems ok.  Just keep communicating with your Dr. 

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »

Sammas … if your periods are irregular then count today as day one. Start the Utrogestan on the 15th day and start it on the same date every month. Take it for 12 days each time x

Sammas

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 08:53:55 AM »

Hello, I’ve started on the ostrogel 2 pumps and utrogestan vaginally days 15 to 26.  I read that if you take it this way to half the amount.  I feel headachy, tired, nausea. Irritable and have stomach cramps.  I was on Everol Sequi before.  Any advice appreciated x