Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Cycling World Wide 2022  (Read 13125 times)

Two hoots

Re: Cycling World Wide 2022
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 10:48:46 AM »

Ah, I'm going nuts.  It was last year's highlights, I thought it looked familiar.

This year's on at the weekend.🙄

:lol:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 10:27:59 AM »

Jason Kenny to retire  :-*

Two hoots

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2022, 12:28:13 PM »

I've recorded the Het Nieuwsblad.  Just a one day race, will watch later.

Todays the day  ;D ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »

;D

Aprilflower

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 03:52:42 PM »

I've recorded the Het Nieuwsblad.  Just a one day race, will watch later.

Todays the day  ;D ;D ;D

Yep, just watched it.😂✅

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »

How will the War affect the World Cycling Teams?

Two hoots

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2022, 04:46:10 PM »

One rider has already changed his nationality from Russian to French, I dont know how unless he had dual nationality.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 07:35:16 AM »

Born in Italy, moved to France, never lived in Russia.  Don't know his ancestral background.  DH read it out last night.

One of the Teams is from a Country that split I believe ? Astana ? which doesn't mean that their cyclists are Russian ..........

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2022, 07:38:59 PM »

Am I watching 2022 Paris-Nice?  There's no date on the ITV4 coverage so it shows how much notice I take each year  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2022, 07:48:10 PM »

22 Feb 2022

The UCI wishes to clarify that Russian and Belarusian licence-holders are authorised to take part in events on the UCI International Calendar with their respective teams provided they are registered with a UCI Team that is neither Russian nor Belarusian. Russian and Belarusian riders can also participate in UCI International Calendar events if individual registration is authorised.

Any participation of Russian or Belarusian athletes must be in a neutral capacity, and organisers are requested to withdraw any reference to Russia or Belarus, including the name, emblems, acronyms and flags, and replace them with a neutral reference or denomination on all event-related documents and in line with instructions to be provided by the UCI.

The decision not to impose a blanket ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes at all international events is based on obtaining a balance of all interests. In particular, it is a question of taking into account the contractual rights of the riders and teams concerned, and not to unjustly penalise teams that are not Russian or Belarusian.

The UCI asks organisers, spectators and competitors to respect Russian and Belarusian riders at races in which they would be authorised to participate.

Moreover, the UCI Management Committee has decided to introduce a specific regulation enabling Russian and Belarusian licence-holders with multiple nationalities to request a change to their sporting nationality without any restriction. It will be possible to accelerate the procedure concerning this measure, which already exists in the UCI Regulations.

Specific measures will be studied with a view to allowing riders and staff members of Russian and Belarusian teams to register with a UCI Team that is neither Russian nor Belarusian outside of the registration periods.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 07:51:39 PM by CLKD »

Two hoots

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »

Am I watching 2022 Paris-Nice?  There's no date on the ITV4 coverage so it shows how much notice I take each year  ;D

:lol:

Yes its the 2022 race if Lotto got 1st, 2nd and 3rd after stage 1, I’m still watching stage 2 so I dont know who wins yet  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 08:45:10 PM »

That would mean that I was taking notice  ;D.  I switched over with 1.5 to go ........ at least I know it's on 4 tomorrow night. 

CLKD

UK Women's Tour ( Cycling World Wide 2022)
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2022, 09:31:18 AM »

FIRST DETAILS OF 2022 ROUTE ANNOUNCED

The Women's Tour cycle race is to return to Suffolk and Essex for this year's opening stage.

Dozens of the world's top female riders will set off from Colchester's Northern Gateway Sports Park and head to the finish line on Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds.

The opening leg, on 6 June, will be first of six stages across the country.

Race director Mick Bennett said it would be the "grandest Grand Depart we've ever had".

You can now discover the first details of two of our stages for this June, including our hardest summit finish in Wales, and the opening leg of the race in the east of England.

Monday 6 June will see the Women's Tour getting underway from the Colchester Sports Park, with the opening stage finishing at an old favourite in Suffolk. 

Four days later Stage Five in Carmarthenshire we'll be set for a fearsome summit finish in the Brecon Beacons that is sure to help decide our 2022 champion.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:06:43 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »

They have lovely weather for Paris-Nice  8).  Blue skies, long dry roads, trees not yet in bud although there was a stunning forsythia in the back of one shot late on  :-*

Two hoots

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »

Its one of my favourite races to watch, I will be looking at how many swimming pools are in gardens soon  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5