Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello from a new member  (Read 1109 times)

Yogagirl

• First Flush
Hello from a new member
« on: February 08, 2022, 01:29:31 PM »

Hi all, just joined as I'm just starting the process of possibly starting some sort of treatment for various symptoms. None are really awful but just lots of things all together are just getting really tiresome. Haven't had periods for years and have had the hot flushes (or power surges as I call them) for years, they come & go but recently have been really short, sharp & make me feel dizzy & quite nauseous. Also bleeding gums which I've no idea if they are connected or not, heartburn, and just generally feeling "off" so nothing really specific but finally got in touch and had my BP and weight check yesterday. Sent off a stool sample today so waiting for a telephone consultation with the doctor at some point to discuss what might be the next step. So many interesting topics on here to read through but great to have somewhere like this to ask questions & generally feel as if you aren't the only person struggling! Take care everyone  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello from a new member
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 02:24:23 PM »

:welcomemm:  The Change - does what is says on the tin  ::)

How old are you, maybe keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would b e of use?  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

You need to see a hygienist.  Gum disease is common in menopause.  The bone needs something to 'work' against, which is why I opted for implants (aged 55).  As with any bone, it needs constant 'work, which is why brisk walking is good for long bone health.  Have a look-C at the Osteoporosis Society for info..

Heartburn : yep.  As ostreogen levels drop muscles may be come lax = aches and pains including hiatus hernia  >:( which can cause heartburn.  I have omeprazole capsules nightly which helps. 

Browse round.  Join in.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 09:13:01 PM »

Hello Yogagirl. Welcome to the forum.  :)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:17:18 PM »

Hi Yogagirl. Hello from me too  :welcomemm:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »

Hi Yogagirl.

Ask anything you like, someone will try and help.
Glad you’ve found us.  :welcomemm:

Jd. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 11:57:41 AM »

Do you actually, urrrrm, do yoga  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 07:38:17 PM »

Ha, I tried last week, the girl on the internet made it look so easy,  ;D one leg stretched up in the air, then you had to lift the other one in the same direction,  ;D nah, wasn’t going to happen for me.   :o
Couldn’t even get up off the floor, looked like a little old lady who had fell and couldn’t get up.  ;D ;D
That was my yoga class over with.  ;D ;D   ::)