Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Oestrogel but with green sq on bottle instead of orange sq, Like water to me?  (Read 8938 times)

Ches15

Morning,
Just a quick update, I’ve been on Evorel Sequi a full month now and feel like a new woman. My period has come at exactly the right time and i’ve had no night sweats or palpitations  and my mood levels have felt stable and have lost all the doom and gloom feelings.
I actually feel quite angry now that the whole of the festive period was written off last year for me by anxious thoughts and low mood as well as getting my periods at completely the wrong time.
I hope that for anyone still using Estrogel this situation gets resolved quickly!

alibeau

Morning,
Just a quick update, I’ve been on Evorel Sequi a full month now and feel like a new woman. My period has come at exactly the right time and i’ve had no night sweats or palpitations  and my mood levels have felt stable and have lost all the doom and gloom feelings.
I actually feel quite angry now that the whole of the festive period was written off last year for me by anxious thoughts and low mood as well as getting my periods at completely the wrong time.
I hope that for anyone still using Estrogel this situation gets resolved quickly!

Hi Ches15!

I'm glad you have found an alternative that suits you! Can you tell me more about the patches? How often do you change them, positioning etc.  I've not tried patches before but like you, my Xmas and most of Jan was written off as I felt so poorly and I am now wondering if I was using the green square at that time?

I am on my last bottle of amber square and have a phone hrt review with the practice nurse on monday and so I just don't know whether to stick with the gel (but worried as not only are there shortages but I now have to add the whole green/amber square into the mix) or ask to try patches?!?!

Are the patches as 'natural' as the gel?

Sorry for all the questions...

Ali x

VictoryV

Not sure if this helps, I’m on day 8 of using the green square bottle and not noticed any difference. Everything is the same apart from the square not being amber and the logo being different. I’m confident to leave spare amber bottle out of handbag now!

alibeau

Well....

I am currently coming to the end of an amber bottle but had one of each spare.  I decided to use the green bottle yesterday just to see if I felt any difference.  I intended to use the whole bottle..

By the afternoon my rib ache had resurfaced, by bedtime dry eyes and then in the night my fizzy chest and then not feeling like I wanted to get out of bed this morning,,,

Could I really feel the effects of using the green bottle so quickly? I thought it would at least take a few days to kick in if I was going to see a difference?

Or is it all in my mind?!?!?

Vicky81

I have just called the pharmacy that supplied mine (green square) and they told me its exactly the same estrogen as the other bottle

Gnatty

Still no problems for me with green square. Now on second bottle. Beware the nonebo effect!

alibeau

Still no problems for me with green square. Now on second bottle. Beware the nonebo effect!

;D yes, I’m considering covering up the squares with a plaster or similar and see how I get on! Xx

Turkish delight

I might start a mini poll thread, with Ambe, Green or in-between.

See what the consensus is. Head over and have your say. I think it might help us work this through.

TD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 02:46:59 PM by Turkish delight »

Ches15

Morning,
I think if you are feeling fine on the green squares then that’s great news! All women are different though and I know what I went through was very real.
When I tried to explain to my dr they weren’t interested in the amber/green box thing but said it’s more likely that my body wasn’t absorbing the gel ‘correctly’ which I can’t know for sure either way.
What was evident to me on applying the 2 gels was that the amber gel was thicker and had a strong alcohol smell to it whereas the green was more watery, without a smell and dried off almost instantly.
The patches feel so much easier as you only change them twice a week and you aren’t walking around half naked on Winter mornings waiting for the gel to dry off  ;D. Having said that there seems to be lots of women who started on patches and couldn’t tolerate them but are good on the gel so it’s definitely a case of trial and error and just feeling relieved if you find something that works for you.

Gnatty

I suspect you had a dodgy bottle or two but thankfully it doesn't necessarily mean all green square bottles are the same. I just checked my current green square bottles - gel is thick and smells strongly as you say of alcohol. Phew!

Turkish delight

I've checked my green against amber and both are thick and dry at the same rate on me, I tried using them in tandem one morning.

I'm hopeful. I had read that green is the new amber as it's being replaced by all green in the future, just saying, not sure if it's true though.

alibeau

I'm hopeful. I had read that green is the new amber as it's being replaced by all green in the future, just saying, not sure if it's true though.

Hi TD,

If green IS the new amber what do we suggest doing to try and make the green one work as well as the amber did? Perhaps upping the dose slightly?

I am feeling my symptoms back again today (day two of using it blind), I’ll put my house on it that I’m using green! Rib ache, head ache and hot and fizzy chest when I woke this morning.

Poo!

Turkish delight

Hia,

Oh sorry to hear that, how long will you wait to check the square? Do keep us updated on your blind trial.

I did up the dose slightly by a quarter pump and felt good again after a week or 2. But I didn't know at the time about the square theory so don't know which I was on then.

TD

Gnatty

I think if symptoms return I would try increasing the gel. How much by though is another question. I would go by how sensitive you usually are to increases. So for some maybe half a pump whereas others may need an extra whole pump. Hopefully not more but it's difficult isn't it to quantify!

alibeau

So I have been using my green square 🟩 bottle but upped the dose to three and a half pumps and so far so good.

The latest bottle I collected from the pharmacy is amber square so I’ll drop the dose back down to three when I use it 👍🏻

Ali x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4