Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Different style estrogel bottles  (Read 3001 times)

Ches15

Different style estrogel bottles
« on: December 28, 2021, 10:16:50 AM »

Hi,
Started on estrogel in August which worked fab and really relieved my menopause symptoms.
Unfortunately, the last 6 weeks that’s completely turned around, sore breasts, bloating, irregular bleeding and night sweats, anxiety and low feelings all returned. On examining the bottles i’ve realised they are different to the original ones i was given.
I’ve read lots of complaints around the new pakaged bottles. However, the bottles i used first were without the orange swirl and called oestrogel and the bottles i have now have the orange swirl and are estrogel. Does this mean the initial bottles i used were the new style and then the next lot were the old style?
I feel very confused…….

Ches15

Re: Different style estrogel bottles
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 12:20:39 PM »

Can i just add that the bottles I’m having difficulty with have a green square at the bottom of the label unlike the usual amber colour square!

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 01:31:41 PM »

Hi,

I did some investigation on this in July 2020 when I was given Oestrodose instead (called a "parallel import"), which was a similar looking bottle but with a sticky label over it.

The original Estrogel bottles (as I was initially given by my Meno clinic) can be ordered by your pharmacy from several suppliers, eg AAH, Alliance healthcare and Phoenix, whichever they use.
They need to use the "PIP code" 217-1775 which the GP can also quote if necessary.

I hope this is still the case, I use estradot 50 patches now, so haven't used gel in a while. I have tried to paste a photo of the gel from Google on a link but it didn't work, sorry.

I hope maybe someone else will jump in and give you the latest on the gel so you can get the correct one?

DottyP

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »

I started on Oestrodose (pic attached) which was amazing and all my dreams came true….until my next prescription last month which was Oestrogel and had the green square.  A few days into one pump of this gel and lots of my symptoms came back plus it was taking 20 mins to dry so my GP recommended Lenzetto spray.  So whilst I can answer your question I do think it’s weird that the same company can produce two gels which they say are exactly the same as each other except they are not.  I do wish we could have some clarity on the issue.

Ches15

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 12:45:11 PM »

Oh my goodness, this makes me feel better reading this. I was starting to think I was going around the twist! I stopped using the bottle with the green square on and started using a ‘new style’ bottle with an amber square at the bottom and physically i can feel the difference straight away.
I need to try and see the Dr and explain and hopefully they will be understanding. I might ask about the spray instead.
Thanks!

Molly

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »

Hi girls, i have been using the Oestrogel with the orange square for months, perfect for me and I go betwen 1.5 pumps to 2 pumps. Now same box same bottle bar the bottle has a green square on the lft hand corner. I am now having to use 5 pumps to get some relief from sweats, its like water to me. I have been able to get 2 more bottle with the orange square tg but my question is how many other people feeling thi??? and why is there differnt logos, with different colours. What do they mean?

Uptick

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 01:56:54 PM »

Hi, I have replied on the other thread. The patient information leaflet now says Oestrogel can be manufactured by Delpharm in Belgium OR Laboratories Besins International in France. Maybe there are minor differences between them. I think the one with the green square 🟩 is made in France, but I could be wrong. It's a very secretive business.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »

There are likely to be strict quality assurance standards etc that ensure that products of the same names are in fact the same even if they are produced in different factories.  Surely this must happen with numerous products, pharmaceutical or otherwise eg foods etc.  Surely if they have the same ingredients to the same proportions the consistency should remain the same - although if the packaging itself is different eg in thickness, this could mean the product varies in consistency with changes in ambient temperature, so for example a thinner bottle could lead to apparently runnier gel in warmer temperatures. I find this with my testosterone gel - which is definitely all the same product - sometimes it's runnier than others especially in summer.  If you're peri-menopausal then you should also expect changes in symptoms as your own cycles kick in which could have nothing to do with the bottle...

This is the inherent problem with gel being an oozy substance - the amount absorbed to going to vary depending a whole variety of factors including body temperature as well. That's why I prefer patches, and I am sure the spray is likely to be more consistent too.

However many women happily swap or change between all sorts of bottles of different shapes and sizes without problem.

As you say Molly - if 5 pumps does the trick for you then great - concentrate on feeling well. Ditto Ches15 - yes either increase your dose or change product and don't waste valuable energy on worrying - do what you need in order to feel well! :)

Hurdity x